fifty-four.

news articles

news articles

~~~~~

"Massacre in New York."

"THE EXECUTIONER: Avenger or not?"

"The problem about glorifying villains."

"How can the government continue to justify this behavior in light of new events?"

Elliot blew a raspberry and collapsed back in her chair as she scrolled through all the articles that had been headlining the news. She grabbed the beer that was on the table and took a long drink of it, placing the halfway drunk bottle back on the table.

She stayed in leaning back in the chair as she gripped the edge of the laptop and pulled it closer to herself, letting the edge rest on her thighs and the screen rest against the table. She then tapped the screen, clicking on one of the articles, surprised to see it was a video.

"THE EXECUTIONER: A fake?"

"You got that right," Elliot mumbled.

She clicked on the video to play.

"How can we continue to consider these types of people heroes?"

"No one ever asked you to."

"Just because we consider the Avengers heroes does not mean we need to continue to treat people like The Executioner and The Winter Soldier as heroes. It doesn't matter if the government cleared their pasts, why do we as a people have to look past their sins?"

"Allowing them to integrate back into society is possibly the worst decision that we could have made. We are now forced to act as if they are 'normal' people, as if they're not killers, as if they haven't hurt countless innocent people...How long can we let this go on?"

Elliot snorted.

These people were really something else.

Also, what was the point of bringing up her brother? He didn't have anything to do with it. He didn't have anything to do with what had happened in New York. He didn't need to be involved in any of this.

She really hated people.

"They made their choices."

"The fuck?"

She hadn't made any choices.

They had been forced on her.

...but whatever.

"They made their graves and now they need to lay in them. "

"Because we can't keep excusing his behavior. We can't keep excusing the actions they have done and facing the repercussions. It's not fair to us as a people that we have to deal with what they caused. It's just not right. And I hope that all of you who view this can agree with me."