thirty-nine.

the best bad decision

~~~~~

Klaus Mikaelson was never one to question his emotions. He had always been level headed when it came to any feelings that he portrayed. Like each one had been methodically thought out by the hybrid, making sure that every move he made was calculated so in the end he would remain the emotionless and ruthless hybrid that everyone knew him to be.

But now here he stood on the sidelines of a stupid high school decade themed dance waiting for one spunky young woman to return to him. He felt like a lovesick teenager and he wasn't sure that he liked that idea. If anyone saw him like this, he was sure that they would think of him as weak and vulnerable.

After all that is what love and feelings made you, right? Weak...vulnerable...an easy target for enemies.

Nonetheless, Klaus couldn't help but feel his hard exterior break down when Elliot had told him that she cared for him. Anyone would be lucky to have that brunette care about them...and because of that, he felt like the luckiest man alive...or unalive.

And maybe that was why with every moment that passed by, he began to get more worried and on edge that Elliot had yet to return.

~~~~~

"Elena!!"

Hearing her name, Elena whirled around to see none other than Esther Mikaelson standing before her. The brunette felt as if she had seen a ghost.

"If you wish to help your friend Alaric, I suggest you come with me."

Elena didn't look behind her when she was talking to her brother, instead she kept her eyes trained on the older woman before her. "Jeremy go inside and get Stefan and Damo, now!" Listening to his sister, the younger teenager ran into the high school building.

"I mean you no harm. But willingly or not you will come." Esther told Elena.

And believing the Original witch, Elena followed her friend with every intention of helping her father figure and was completely oblivious to the witch's true intentions. Moments later, Damon, Stefan, and Jeremy hurried out of the school only to see that Elena was gone. Jeremy continued on walking, hoping that there would be a sign of his sister, but Stefan and Damon didn't.

Stefan looked at his brother once he noticed a line of salt that extended around the entire school. "Salt. It's the binding agent for her spell."

"We're trapped here."