fifty.

(sexual content ahead)

the lovers

~~~~~

Elliot was snuggled up against Klaus on the couch in his art room. She was lying against his chest and he had his arm wrapped around her, keeping her close as if he was afraid to let go of her again in fear that she wouldn't come back.

He placed a kiss on the side of her head, causing her lips to tug upwards into a content smile.

She was very happy with the decision of making up with him. If she had not gone back to Mystic Falls, she wouldn't have confessed her feelings for him. If that hadn't happened, she wouldn't have been in the arms of the man she loved.

And she wouldn't have been happy.

Happy.

Happy was such an odd term for her.

She had been through so much in her life. She had been through so much pain and suffering to the point where she never thought she would have ever come close to being remotely happy.

Sure, she had her brother. He was the only thing she ever needed in her life. He had been with her ever since she was little and had loved her as she grew up.

Elliot thought that was the only type of love she ever needed.

But now she knew differently.

Because now she not only had familial love, she had romantic love as well.

And she was very happy that she did.

Klaus had been watching Elliot with an affectionate look. As he was doing so, he noticed the thoughtful look on her face.

"What's bothering you, sweetheart?" Klaus lightly pinched her side, causing her to look up at him, breaking out of her thought bubble.

"Hmm?" Elliot hummed, looking up at him. It then registered in her head what he had said. "Oh..." She said in realization.

Klaus attentively waited for an answer.

"It's nothing," Elliot lightly shook her head. "I'm just happy."

Klaus smiled at what she said.

It was odd....because he was happy too.

"Me too."

Elliot smiled even more at what he said.

"So where'd you go?" Klaus questioned her, wondering what she had done in the time she was away.

"A lot of places," Elliot turned to face him, bringing one leg onto the couch, bending it at the knee as it faced the back of the couch. Her other leg remained off of it as she unwrapped Klaus' arm from around her and held his hand with hers.