thirty-four.

helpful serial killers

~~~~~

Elliot woke up in the morning, slightly disoriented by her change in surroundings.

She was accustomed to her own apartment, seeing the same thing each morning when she woke up. Either that or she was accustomed to the fact that she didn't ever get any sleep because she was kept up by her nightmares or because she spent the early waking hours of the morning in her coffee shop.

But waking up in Klaus Mikaelson's bedroom was something she was definitely not used to.

Elliot looked behind herself to see the hybrid peacefully sleeping, which she must admit he looked kind of adorable when he was relaxed and not worrying about all his paranoia issues and what not. God! Woman! Don't think that! She scolded herself. This wasn't supposed to happen and yet she let it happen. She could've stopped it at any time...but she didn't.

She tried to get up from the bed, only to realize that Klaus had his arm draped over her waist, pulling her closer to him as the two of them had slept. She gently lifted his arm up and slipped out of his grip and off of the rather comfy bed and embraced, as much as she hated to admit that.

Elliot quietly made her way around the room, picking up each item on her clothing, slipping them on as she went. However, she was quick to realize that she could neither find her sports bra or her jacket that she had worn the prior day.

"Sneaking off already, love?"

The brunette whirled around, covering her chest in the process. "If you mean leaving to go home, wishing that I had done so before you woke up, then yes."

Klaus chuckled at the woman before his usual smirk made its way onto her lips, "Are you going to make your great escape half naked?

Elliot sheepishly smiled at the man, "About that...could I borrow a shirt or something?"

"In the top draw." He told her, pointing to his dresser, the sheets falling downwards to reveal his abs and his tattoo. Elliot's eyes traveled down them, remembering the prior night when she had traced them with her tongue and then....

She shook her head to clear her thoughts, but not before Klaus had noticed her staring. Elliot made her way over to the dresser he had pointed to, pulling out one of his countless Henley's. The one she picked was dark gray. She slipped it over her and then pulled on her booted heels. She then was making her way to the exit when she heard the voice of Klaus.

"Leaving without a goodbye kiss?" His voice was taunting and teasing and Elliot couldn't help but find it attractive. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid! Don't think that! She yelled at herself. God, this was really screwing her up. All she really needed was a big cup of coffee, maybe more than one actually.