Chapter 16

Cocooned in a state of contentment, I closed my eyes to the light rumble of his breathing in the background. His strong arm across my body, held me with a gentleness that completely contradicted his display of aggression this morning. My mind did not possess the capacity or the knowledge to understand how such extreme polarities could exist within the same person simultaneously. Nor could it comprehend the reason as to why I found both of his sides equally appealing.

But I knew that right from the start, we had some strange kind of chemistry between us but I never expected it to be so...perfect?

If someone had told me that one day, I would throw caution to the wind and hop into bed with someone I barely knew, I would have laughed in their face. I would have told them that they had the wrong person. But now? I don't think I know who I am anymore. I had effectively broken all the golden rules, overlooked a few red flags and all in a matter of weeks since meeting him.

Hmm.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

Opening my eyes, I stared at the ceiling, watching the lights from the passing cars cast long shadows that danced across the room before they vanished out of sight. And although I was confused about everything when it came to Thomas, there was one thing I was absolutely sure of, as I turned to gaze at the eyes that held so much fondness and warmth. I had no regrets when it came to him. None. Certainly not about sleeping with him.

I smiled, my heart swelling with emotion at the sight of his face.

"Just thinking."

He raised an eyebrow before giving me a wide grin. His eyes twinkled mischievously like there was a wicked plan brewing behind them. Raising himself, he rolled back on top of me and rested his weight on one of his arms while the other one traced the side of my body. The glowing ring around his eyes were back as his gaze slowly filled with lust.

His voice dipped an octave lower while he leaned in and gently pressed down on my breasts, "Maybe, I didn't do a good job if you're busy "thinking" right after what we just did." Grabbing my arms, he raised them over my head and held them in place while he simultaneously nudged my leg to the side, pushing it apart and opening me up to him.

I let out a gasp as I finally caught onto his plan. "Thomas! We literally just-"

The words died in my throat when he rammed his cock into me with precision. I moaned loudly as my body greedily accommodated him. My eyes involuntarily closed, enjoying the feeling of him deep inside me. He chuckled, before lowering his lips to my ear and whispering seductively, "Sorry, didn't catch that. You were saying...?"

I arched my back, feeling the shiver of anticipation run through me. However, to my frustration he remained still. My eyes flew open to find him looking down at me with an amused expression. I flushed in embarrassment realising how easy it was for him to get me all worked up. But hang on... Two can play that game. Flashing him a flirtatious smile, I raised my hips and began to move.

His smirk dropped and his mouth opened in evident pleasure. I thrust my hips forward, taking all of him in me. My fluids mixed with his cum from our previous coupling, flowed out onto the bed as his cock squeezed all the way in. His whole body shuddered causing the muscles on his neck and arms to push through to the surface. He moaned loudly while his grip on my arms loosened as I continued to move against him.

Seizing the chance, I pulled my arms from his hold and gripped his shoulders tightly before pushing him off me. When his back hit the bed, a look of surprise crossed his face before being replaced with excitement as I climbed on top him. His eyes flashed gold before a growl of approval passed his lips.