Spy x Reader

The soothing feeling of the evening summer air was all around me as I stand outside on a balcony that is attached to my room overlooking the open field surrounding the base I live at. The cool air was nice when compared to the hot and humid days around here so I find myself relaxing on the balcony at night a lot. I am resting against the cold metal railing as I look up at the cloudy sky, I knew it was going to rain soon but I always enjoyed the cool air and slight breeze before a storm even if thunder wasn't my favorite. I sigh but my peace is quickly interrupted by a few drops of rain and a low grumble of thunder, causing me to leave my relaxing evening and go inside. I shut my balcony door and lock it before sitting down at the edge of my bed. I was tired, but not tired enough to fall asleep, which was noticeable from the unmade bed, and my restless face. I usually go to bed an hour or so before now but I couldn't fall asleep, so I tired fresh air, which didn't work either. This has been happening a lot more lately, more and more nights where I struggle to sleep. I sit back up and go to turn off my light and try to lay down again when I hear a knock at my door, I perk up and open the door, which is conveniently next to my light switch and see Spy. He had been away from the base for a month or so for a long mission where all contact was cut for safety precautions. My eyes widen when I see him and he comes in and I jump into his arms. He hold me and smiles and I bury my face in his chest. "You're finally home." I say this as I look up at him, my gaze becoming lost in his eyes. "I am, I won't leave you for so long again." I nod and he shuts the door and returns his hand to me, moving it from my waist to my face. I lean into his touch, feeling almost drawn to it with him being gone for so long. "I was so lonely." I whisper this and he leans down and kisses my forehead. "I was as well, but I'm back, you won't be lonely again for a while." I feel his hands leave my face and go back to my waist, I take the moment to move my hands up to his face and carefully remove the mask. I move my hands to his face and trace the outline of his face and the beginning of his hair. Laurent's face looked more drained then usually and his 5 o'clock shadow was more noticeable but overall he looked the same. I run my hand through his unkept hair. "Since we're both up we should go downstairs and have some tea or wine or coffee or something to drink while we catch up if you want." He shakes his head no and leans down and buried his face in the crook between my neck and shoulders. "I just want to talk with you my love, I need you ." I nod and smile "Of course Laurent, I missed you." as I say this he melts into my arms, which are now wrapped around his hunched over body. I've never seen him act like this before, I've never seen him not so uptight and clingy, so I just hold him. "I'm happy you're home, I was getting a bit to lonely." He chuckles and stands back up straight trying to look put together as usual. I notice and I sit on the edge of the bed and pat the spot next to me. He follows and I lean against him "you know you don't always have to act all put together around me, I know you're human." He chuckles at my response and lays his head on top of mine, our fingers lacing together. I smile wider and I feel his shoulders move up and down gently as he breaths. He laughs a bit and sighs "I don't know if I could even be considered human anymore, I'm an assassin for god's sake." I move a bit and shift so I am facing him, holding both his hands in my lap and I tilt my head as I listen to him. "The only human thing about me is that I fell in love with you." I sigh and move my hands to his face. "I know you're trying to say that you're a terrible person but you aren't, you're my spy and the only man I'll ever love, okay? And that's enough for me." He laughs at my heartfelt answer and leans into my touch, leaning forward slightly. "I thought you died honestly." I say this light heartedly in a joking ton but I was somewhat serious. "I'm to good at my job to die" he says this and kisses my forehead. "Besides I know you won't let me, I couldn't get in trouble with you." I shrug "Fair point, but we are mercenaries it's part of the agreement..." he nods and slides off his suit jacket and gloves. "Just because it is doesn't mean that's how it ends mon chéri." I sigh and run my hand back into his, rolling my thumb over his wedding ring. We couldn't have a traditional wedding being mercs and all, but we got rings and signed papers. "Good, I need more time with you." I say this softly and he lays a kiss on my forehead.
*
*
*
A/N: Oh snap I'm back, it's been like a year how're you all doing? Sorry I haven't posted much, I had writers block and other interests pop up!
Word count: 982