Engineer × Reader(Fluff)

Request by: Best_Worst_Writer
Warning(s): Just super fluffy adorableness from everyone's favorite dorky Texan.
*
*
*
I never understood why the base was starting to get freezing cold at night whenever it stormed until I figured out that the heat always powered down whenever it was to cold or the weather was bad enough and the administrator didn't want to spend more money than she had to on us so nights when it would storm or snow were always freezing. Everyone else did just fine with it,other than spy since he's to rich to understand what being cold is,which isn't a surprising knowing that some of the guys were from places that were pretty chilly or just spent a lot of time in places with bad weather. Myself on the other hand,I could not stand how cold it is at all,no matter how many blankets I covered myself in or how good the pajamas I wore were I always was freezing at night. I let out a shiver as I gave up,I had four blankets and full winter pajamas on but I still was freezing. I took off three of the blankets,keeping one wrapped around my shoulders and I opened my door and started to walk around base in search of something warm or something to distract myself from the cold with. I walk through noticing how every light was off,and how everyone else was fast asleep expect when I made it to Engie's workshop. I've always had a crush on him he was just so charming and sweet and just an all around good guy,so I was good with hanging out with him for awhile. I knock on the door and peek my head in "Hey Engie!" I say this and he smiles "Hey Y/N,come on in." He says this and I walk in. As soon as I walk into the room I notice how cold it is. "How long have you been in here?" I sit down on the work bench next to him at his desk,he thinks for a bit before replying. "Since 'round six." I am a little shock since it can't be any earlier than two in the morning. "It's so cold in here though." He chuckles a bit "Yeah but I've got work to do." I shake my head and put a hand on his shoulder. "Please take a break I don't want you to get sick." He sighs "Fine darling,but only cause you seem worried." I blush a bit. "I'll be right back." He nods as I put the blanket around his shoulder from mine and I exited the workshop. I decide to make some hot chocolate and while I am up I grab a few blankets. I come back in a few minutes later and sit down next to him with two cups of coco,one for me and one for him,and 3 more blankets. He notices me trying to set everything up so he just wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me close to him. I look up at him and he smiles at me. "Y/N,You're to good to do this for me." I shake my head and I put two blankets across our laps and one around our shoulders. "It's nothing really." I blush as I answer and take a sip of my drink. He sighs and takes a sip. "Y/N,I love ya I have since the moment I laid my eyes on ya." I blush and put my drink down and he does the same and he takes my hands in his larger ones. "Would ya wanna go steady with me?" I nod and I hug him. "I've always wanted to." We both hold each other like this just whispering sweet nothing and staying warm together before I slowly drift asleep in his arms. I wake up the next morning alone in the work shop with a few blankets wrapped around me and a note on the table. "Made breakfast and coffee,didn't have the heart to wake ya,ya just looked to damn cute."-Dell. I giggle a bit at the note and I get up keeping on blanket around me as I walk into the kitchen,only Dell was in there. "Mornin' sugar." I smile and wrap my arms around him when he walked over to me. "Breakfast and coffee made just how ya like it." I smile ,and look up at him.He noticed my smile and lays a soft kiss on my lips.
*
*
*
A/N: God this was so nice to write. I was so happy when I got a super fluffy engie request! Sorry I've been gone for a bit I've had writer's block and I've just been sad but writing is helping me stay motivated so expect more updates! I hope you all enjoyed this! Make sure to stay safe and wash your hands!
Word Count: 830