Spy × Reader

I feel a wave of despair hit me, I am unsure why but I feel like shit. I sigh and lay my head against my hand and look out from the front window at the second floor of the base. I look at the cloudy grey sky with tired eyes. I didn't go out for the battle today due to it being a 2 man mission, that Spy and Sniper went on because they needed an inside and outside stealth mission. It seemed like everyone was doing something but me,I feel like they don't need me on the team because I was such a late addition. I feel my eyes get heavy and I drift into a dreamless rest against the cold window. I wake up and notice the sleepy sky from earlier is now dark and the quiet rain was now a downpour. I move away from the window and walk into the base and check the time. The green numbers light a dim 9:50 Pm and I groan realizing that since I was asleep most of the afternoon I won't be able to sleep at all tonight. I walk down stairs to make something to drink. I realize that Sniper and Spy are still out. Most of the time they come back fairly quickly and this got me worried. I continue to boil some water to make some tea, doing everything in my power to keep my mind off the thought that something might have happened to them,well mostly him. I have been with Spy for a while,and missions like these always freak me out, Sniper is a close friend of mine as well so the idea that they are both hurt makes me want to puke. I hear the tea kettle let out a whistle and I pour a cup of boiled water into a random mug I found. I put my tea bag in and some honey (if you don't like tea if can be hot coco or coffee!) I move away and set a mental alarm to remember to actually take my tea bag out so it isn't to strong. I sit down on the kitchen counter behind me and my mind begins to wander. I sat in my own little world for about 3 minutes when I hear the base door open, a huff of annoyance and the sound of sniper storming off to his quarters. I perk up and jump off the counter, I move into the kitchen's entrance and Spy sees me as he lights a cigarette. "Mon Amour." He says this and puts his light back in his pocket. He lets out a huff of smoke behind him and walks over to me, he holds his arms out and I throw myself into his embrace. He gently sways us and I lay my head in between his shoulder and neck. "Are you okay my precious?" He asks this,noticing that I won't let go after the hug, we've been like this for a solid two minutes. "I feel like an outcast. . .I just needed to know you are here." I say this softly and he shakes his head "You are anything but,I love you, the whole team loves you as family trust me, they all talk about how you're like a sister to them." I smile and let go of Laurent. He holds my face with his hand free of his cigarette. He plants a soft kiss on my forehead and continues to hold my face. I remember my tea and I move away from him and he looks at me confused. I walk into the kitchen and remove my teabag, placing honey and sugar into it. "Sorry, I was making tea when you came in." He smiles and walks over to me. He hugs me from behind and lays his head on top of mine. "How about we both have drinks?" I take a sip of my tea, it's still hot. "That sounds lovely." He let's go of me and we both walk through the camp to his smoking room. He opens the door and holds it for me, I walk through and he pours himself a glass of gin. He sits down on the chair in front of the fire. "You shouldn't leave the fire unattended all day Laurent." He laughs a little at my worries and signals me over to him. I sit down on the arm of the chair and he smiles and kisses my cheek. "I love you Y/N." I smile and carefully remove his mask and run my hand through his hair "I love you too."
*
*
*
A/N: I'm back! Wow I never update any of my book anymore, I still write I just never finish what I write 🥲
Word count: 803