Not in the spirit (Medic x Reader)

Warning(s): Depression, it's about the reader going through a depression episode around the holidays. This is for everyone and myself who is just not in the mood for the holidays because 2020, I'm okay though I promise! I just know that writing for my merc babies makes me happy what I'm down!
Word count:
*
*
*
The halls of the base were carefully decorated with simple but sweet red and green Christmas decorations, the main room in the base had a Christmas tree with different colored ornaments giving it a soft rainbow glow when near the soft white lights on the tree. As I walk through the base, which seemed to be bursting with Holiday cheer, I felt a pushed away feeling of emptiness, and the major feeling, uncalled for sadness. For the most wonderful time of the year I didn't feel to wonderful, but I didn't want to become a damper on the rest of the team, so I helped if they needed it but spent most of my time,while they were doing festive activities, alone. I see how much they enjoy the winter holidays because it is a break for them, a break and a time to give something to the people who matter. I make it to the lab and I knock softly and creak the door open just a tad. "Come in." I hear a strong German accent beckon me into the lab and I walk in. I look around the lab, the doves all snuggled up in the ceiling of the medical bay, I smile at them and look around, noticing it wasn't as decorated as the rest of the base, just a few winter candles and minimalistic decorations. I walk up to the doctor's desk, he had his sleeves rolled up and his face down his eyes focused on the scribbling of his pen. he was just wearing a red turtleneck sweater and a pair of jeans because he wasn't doing anything that could get blood on him , and was just writing some notes down, he looked like he was working on a new medigun, but I wasn't too sure. He looks up at me and smiles "Y/N, this is a surprise I figured you'd be out with the rest of the group, I think they went to a light show or something of the sort." I shrug and he looks at me, with slight confusion on my down attitude. "I just am not in the mood this year." He chuckles and stands up and walks over to me, he points up to the roof and I notice a little thing of mistletoe. I giggle and go on my toes and give him a gentle kiss. "I love you." He whispers this and I nod "I love you too." He moves some stray hair away from my face and I lay my head on his shoulder. "This helped."
*
^
*
Author's Note: Writers block is so annoying, I'll be finishing up requests soon! Happy Holidays!
Word count: 503