Old Wounds

The picture above is Riley

Chapter 1: Old Wounds

(Riley's POV)

I sighed starring into his sea green eyes and asked "How long are you going to sit here and sulk?" He glanced away avoiding further eye contact and replied with an attitude "No one said you have to sit here and watch me sulk now did they?" I frowned and complained, "Okay mr.grumpy pants, I wont be the caring best friend you so desperate need right now." He smirked and sarcastically answered back "No one said I needed you. You assumed I needed you, and stormed over to my apartment like a deranged psychic." I grabbed my heart like I had been wounded and said "Well, well. Caspian you are so mean to me, and all I ever did was love you." I pretended to fake cry and continued "In all seriousness, are you okay? I know it would have been a year today." He fiddled with his fingers and said humbly in defeat "No Riley I'm not, It just doesn't make sense how someone could lie to someone they love about everything. Why would she cheat on me with my cousin a week before the wedding?"

I touched his shoulder trying to comfort him and said "Fiona wasn't right in the head, but not all girls are messed up like her so don't swear off love for good. She just didn't see the amazing guy you are." He released a deep sigh and whined, "I don't ever want to fall in love again, I just rather play the field and live life." I slapped my forehead and attested, "Oh gosh not another wounded player added to the world, what is up with you guys. So you get played, then you play others? Yeah that makes sense, not!"

We spent the rest of the evening watching a mixture of action and romance movies, this wasn't to different from our normal everyday thing we do. Caspian is my best friend and I've known him practically my whole life, and no we aren't the cliche best friends who are secretly in love. We are completely platonic and that's what I love about us, no feelings just friendship. He's always been here for me when I needed him and I've done the same for him and right now he needs me.

I woke up laying on a hard surface and I realized I didn't fall asleep in my bed, I fell asleep on Caspian's chest. We both woke up and laughed, Caspian asked "Were you my first conquest?" My jaw dropped and I hit his chest and mumbled "You wish." We got up and got ready to go to the waffle house we spend almost every morning eating at. I sat down across from him and ordered, "I'll have the chocolate chip waffle please, oh with a side of hash browns and bacon. Oh and can I have whip cream on the waffles too and also strawberries and a lemonade to drink." I smiled at the concerned waitress and Caspian ordered, "I'll just have the blueberry waffles with a coffee, i'll have it black."

I laughed at him and impersonated him, "All black just like my soul, because I look all mysterious and I have the perfect pouting face." He flashed me a small smile, and said, "Not even, but two can play that game. I'm Riley and I believe in fairy tales and true love, I also love glitter and rainbows. Life is just so full of love and happiness, everything is happy days." I scrunched my eyebrows and whined, "I am just an optimist and romantic. There is nothing wrong with that and one day someone will love that side of me." Caspian snickered and checked his phone continuing to ignore me rant about love. I snatched his phone away and under my breath said "Dumb pessimist." He smirked at me because he heard my not so quiet remark and said, "Dumb optimist."

I looked at him up and down and said "Were exact opposites!" He smirked while sipping his coffee and said "Opposites attract."

I made this chapter short to kind of give you guys a hint of what's to come. The rest of the chapters will be longer I promise, and no I will not let this be a cliche book about love. I hate those kind of books -.-, okay no I am getting sidetracked lol. Update will be coming soon. Like, comment and add this book, I promise it will not disappoint.

Thanks guys!