The Morning After

Chapter Five: The Morning After

(Riley's POV)

8 Am Riley's Apartment

"Ugh I didn't get any sleep." I said while finishing the last touches to my make up before heading out to work. Last night was just awful and confusing, am I in love with Caspian? Ugh I tried to block him out of my mind for the rest of the day to focus on work. I looked into the mirror and examined my outfit, I was wearing a black blazer with white trim around it, a blue lace crop top and tight black jeans. I said to myself "I look good." I left my hair in a messy fishtail braid, and I had a smokey eye and bright red lipstick on. I love my job I can dress how I want, I am the assistant to the Vice President of "Furr Fashion c.o." Yes a huge fashion company! It's my dream job and after alot of hard work and dedication my dream finally came true. I walked out of the door to head to work when Caspian walked out of his apartment. He hugged me and said "Hey barbie doll." I laughed because he calls me barbie doll when I have everything put together. I noticed his door shut again and there was Jaceyln, which means she didn't go home last night. She hugged Caspian's side tightly and said "Oh hey Riley, you look like a barbie doll, why are you dressed like that?" Caspian laughed and said "Baby girl I just called her a barbie doll." She giggled sweetly and said "It means were in sync." BARF BARF BARF was all I could think about in the moment, they are so aggravating. To break the awkward lovey dovey crap I said "I work at Furr the fashion company. It's free dress." She laughed and sarcastically said "well fancy, some of us aren't lucky enough to land a job like that." I smiled forcefully, and Caspian said "Alright were gonna go, I am taking her to our breakfast joint." My body cringed and I said in shock "Our place?" She interrupted "Your place? I swear for two people who don't like each other you two sure act like a couple. Hopefully Riley doesn't get all jealous best friend on me." I laughed it off and said "Well I better get to work. I don't want to be late for my fancy job."

They waved bye and I exited from that situation as fast as I could. How could he take her to our spot. I mean it's OUR SPOT, for me and him. Not Jaceyln, she is not apart of our spot! It wouldn't be our spot if she was introduced to it, it would be we spot. Okay am I seriously doing this in my head right now? Okay I am loosing it. I walked to my car and got in, I put on Lana Del Rey to clear my mind before going to work.

I finally arrived to the tall building and parked my car. My phone beeped and I noticed a text from Caspian. I sighed and read it, it was a picture of Jaceyln eating waffles with blueberries on them. The text said "Hey barbie doll, I hope you don't mind me bringing her here but she loves it." I responded "I don't mind it, i'm glad your happy." I totally did not mean anything I told him. I walked into work with an attitude, I sat down in my office and my coworker/ friend Jasmine sat down in the chair across me. I asked her "Who the hell puts blueberries in their waffles? Completely crazy right?" She laughed and said "That sounds normal to me, whats up Riley. You look somewhere else today." I snapped out of it and said "Caspian has a new girlfriend Jaceyln." She stood up from her seat and said "He finally got over what happened between him and Fiona? Wait he has a new girlfriend? Wait a second who is she and what does she look like?" I pulled her profile up from social media and showed Jasmine. Jasmine said "Well she's really pretty, lets look at her bio." I read the bio out loud to Jasmine, "24 girl from Miami Florida, who is now a calli girl and a bartender at Juices, In a generation where everyone is looking for love, I am looking for something real. Happily Taken by Caspian as of last night, some connections happen instantly." Jasmine smiled awkwardly and said "She seems nice I don't see the problem here?" I shouted "She is a slutty bartender from Juices, and she's just going to hurt Caspian just like Fiona did. She's just not the one for him." Jasmine scrunched her face, and said "So who is, you?" Before realizing what she said I shouted "Yes!" She cupped her face and gasped, and I corrected it " I mean no, not me I am his best friend but this Jaceyln girl isn't it." My boss Natasha came in the office and said "We have an appointment Riley. Please meet me in the office." I nodded my head and exited yet another bad situation quickly. I ran into the meeting and sat down next to my Boss. I was looking down at my tablet when Natasha said "Riley meet Logan, he will be working with you on this new project we are starting for the company. You two will be traveling together and sharing an office until the project is over." I looked up to meet this Logan, and I was in complete shock when our eyes connected. He was clean cut, with shiny blonde hair and ocean blue eyes. He had chiseled features and when he clinched his jaw I died inside, he was mr.perfect. He shook my hand and said "Hello Riley, it's my pleasure to have such a beautiful partner I look forward to working with you." Trying not to come off as creepy, I slowly snatched my hand back and said "I look forward to working with you too Logan."

After the meeting I walked Logan to our office and showed him around. I showed him our office and said "So this is it, do you need to see anything else?"

He laughed and said "Honestly, I wasn't paying attention to anything but you this whole time. You are breathtaking Riley, have dinner with me tomorrow evening?" I blushed and said "What makes you think I want to have dinner with you?" He laughed and said "Hard to get, I like that."

I laughed and said "Your one of those guys who likes the chase huh? Well as of right now I think we should keep things strictly professional."