Demons of The Past

Chapter 12: Demons of The Past 

(Allan's POV)

I held her in my arms while she told me everything about Owen, she started from the beginning of how she met him and what it was like dating him. She said he started to change after they moved in and he lost his job, but that was no excuse for him to treat a woman that way. She told me how sometimes he would beat her until she was unconscious, and how she would wake up showered with gifts and apologies. He had some sick twisted way of loving her and I can only imagine the kind of physiological damage that did. Every time she would tell me about something he did I couldn't help but ball my fist and shake in anger, all I could think about was someone hurting Nadia that way and boy did that make me want to turn into the hulk.... But I couldn't, I had to be Jasmines rock and not act in anger but act in comfort. She didn't need another angry guy in her life, she needed someone to pick her back up and show her, her true worth..

Jasmine had finally fell asleep in my arms, so I picked her up bridal style and laid her down in her bed. I placed the covers over her and kissed her forehead, before I could walk away she reached out for my head making me stop abruptly. She groaned and in a low raspy voice said "Don't leave... Please." Her voice sounded like she would crack any second and the look she was giving me, well I couldn't refuse.  I smiled and unbuttoned my suit jacket and placed it on the table and said "I am not going anywhere." I turned the lights off and snuggled against her warm body, she was out cold, she didn't move a muscle. Her phone started to ring and I grabbed it before she could wake up, I answered the phone and heard a deep voice "Jasmine... Please Jasmine, I need to talk to you, please I am so sorry." 

I let out a deep sigh and asked firmly "Who is this?" I heard the voice sniffle and respond humbly "Owen, who is this?" I had a sudden urge to break the phone in my hands, hearing his name wanted to make my blood boil and I was shaking in rage. I cleared my throat and said "Do not ever call her ever again, if you do you won't live a day to regret it." I clicked the phone and laid back in bed next to Jasmine, I whispered in her tiny ears "I promise to protect you, no one will ever hurt you again. No matter the cost." 

***

5 days later 

(Caspian's POV) 

I grabbed Riley's bags and put them in the cabinet on the jet and asked her "Are you ready to go back home?" She let out a huge smile and said "Home is when I am with you , and wherever you are I am following." In one swift movement I grabbed her by her waist and pulled her in close to me, I put my hand around the back of her neck and pulled her into a slow lingering kiss. Her kiss was different from all the others, it wasn't in a situation of stress or regret. It simply was us, having life figured out and simply enjoying the sweetest touch from each other's lips and boy was it great. 

Jasmine walked in the jet and sat down right next to Riley, this whole time in Barcelona we barely even saw her whoever she was with well they were keeping her preoccupied.  I glanced at her and winked and she just looked away blushing and embarrassed, I figured Riley would tell me all about it after the plane ride. I sat down next to my father and sister and asked "Are you ready to go home?" Nadia glanced at Alex and said "I could stay in Barcelona forever this week was ahh... amazing."  She reclined her seat back and closed her eyes, I looked over my dad was zoned out staring out of the window and I nudged him in the side to get him to come back to reality. He snapped out of it and said "Sorry son and yes I am ready to come back home, we have a lot to do with the company and the police." I sighed and looked over at Riley who was telling Alex and Jasmine about what she did this week. 

***

(Riley's POV) 

My smile faded and my body tensed up at the mention of his name, I grabbed Jasmine's hand and said "I am so sorry I completely forgot about that, I should have been around for you. How did you handle the flashbacks?" Jasmine looked over her shoulder to where Allan, Caspian and Nadia were sitting and turned her attention back to Alex and I before she said "It was hard, I found myself in the room completely in darkness just crying my eyes out. It was like I could still feel everything he did to me the day that I left him, I wanted to curl up and die but then someone came and helped me through the rest of the night. He made... He made it all better." 

Alex and I exchanged glances and Alex bluntly and eagerly asked "Who? Did you meet someone in Barcelona." Jasmine looked down at her hands and shyly mumbled "I think he's been around all along." Not being able to fully hear what she said I questioned her "What did you just say?" She snapped out of it and said "Oh nothing, he was just some random guy I meet the first night. A week romance, you know how I roll." Alex smirked and said "Hit em and Quit em.. I swear Jaz you are probably the only female who can successfully do that. I know I couldn't." Alex glanced over at Nadia who was now passed out on her seat, Alex snapped out of her lingering gaze and said "So Riley are you ready to come back to work?" 

I had to admit after this trip I did feel better, but honestly I don't  know how I will be when I get back home. I still don't know what triggers my episodes and I feel like just being back in that environment will remind me of everything that has happened... So yes I was apprehensive about coming back to work, work is where I had an office next to Hayden, where I almost died in the elevator accident. Just being home and at work was a constant reminder of everything in the past that haunts and to be submerged in that again it's scary. So I looked at my girls and answered honestly "No I think I am going to hold off on coming back to work instantly, I think I need a couple more therapy sessions before I take on something as big was that."  Jasmine nodded and agreed "Yes I think that's smart Riley, what you are going through is so easily triggered and you can't have an episode like you had at work. Plus I don't think it's smart you come anyways, I forgot to tell you that Fiona has been your replacement for awhile. I know how you feel about her and I just didn't want you to be shocked in you see her around the office if you come up to visit."

I gulped and hard.... My eyes were  now squinting at Caspian, good thing he couldn't see my glare because if our eyes connected he would want to shut this plane down and run. Yes you could say I am overreacting but I already lost him to one crazy girl who was in love with him I don't know how to handle someone like her. I mean she has history with Caspian, he was ready to marry her and now finding out that everything he thought she did she actually didn't.  I think Fiona not being a liar or crazy makes her someone to worry about, because if she is working with him closely everyday it''s easier for them to reignite a spark. Yes I was insecure in the bond I had with Caspian, I wasn't with Jaceyln she wasn't a threat to me but Fiona..... Well she's something from the past I need to worry about.