The Truth Will Come To The Light

Chapter 32: The Truth Will Come To The Light 

(Caspian's POV) 

I am depressed, I think worse than when I first left Riley. This time it wasn't a situation I couldn't escape, I was ready for her and she rejected me for someone else. She said we weren't meant to be and I can't help but feel like we are. A love like ours doesn't just die, you don't magically get over someone that quickly. I didn't understand any of this anymore,  nothing made sense to me. 

I was walking outside with a beer in my hand drinking and thinking when one of the maids came out to me. I realized the maid she was the one I told to send Riley the letter I wrote, she walked over to me looking very concerned. I acknowledged her and said "Hello how can I help you." She pointed her hand towards the chairs motioning for me to sit down so I did, she sat down across from me and said "Mr.Caspian I have a confession, the letter you gave me never made it to Riley. Your fiance Jacyeln took the letter from me before I could send it out, and she told me she would have me fired if I told anyone. I was scared for my job so I didn't speak a word about it until I found the letter in my drawer, she must have placed it there to frame me for it if you ever found out. After hearing about Riley's accident I knew I had to come forward regardless of the punishment. I am so sorry." 

I was shaking with anger, all of this could have been avoided if she got that letter but she didn't and she didn't because of Jaceyln. My hatred for her was getting worse and worse, I needed to talk to someone about this, Riley wanted me to let her move on but now finding this out I don't know if I can.

(Jasmine's POV) 

I looked at my phone and noticed it was Caspian calling, I hesitantly answered "Hello?" I could hear his voice shaking on the other line, I asked "Are you okay Caspian?" He quietly answered "No can we meet up?" I sighed and said "Sure, meet me at Bee's bakery. I am getting Riley cupcakes." 

I hung up the phone and walked out of the apartment and to Bee's Bakery down the street. I got to the bakery ordered her cupcakes and sat down at  a table waiting for Caspian. By his tone I was very concerned for him, I had no clue if it had to deal with Riley rejecting him or something else. Either way I felt bad for him and right now he needed a friend and I was here for him.  Caspian walked into the bakery looking a mess, his hair was untamed his beard was coming in and he had his glasses on. He had on a sweat shirt and sweat pants, he sat down at the table and said "I need help Jaz." I looked at him and said "Obliviously look at you." He wiped his face and said "After I did that live interview months ago, I wrote to Riley explaining everything and how I was going to fight for her. Anyways I gave that letter to one of my maids and she was suppose to send it to her but today she tell's me Jaceyln took the letter from her so she couldn't send it. So this whole time Riley has been thinking I didn't fight for her and I've been thinking she didn't want me too." 

My mouth dropped wide open in shock, he handed me the letter and I opened it and read every word. I covered my mouth and said "Caspian she needs to see this, she needs to know that at one point you tried." He shook his head and said "She told me to let her be, and more importantly with Hayden. Keep it I don't want it." I grabbed the letter and said "I am going to show her this, she can't let you get married without knowing about this." Caspian looked at me desperate for answers and walked away, I looked down at the letter and said to myself "What the hell am I going to do?" Riley just got happiness with Hayden but I know her, and if she knew he tried to reach out to her she would rethink things. I grabbed the cupcakes and headed to the hospital.

----

I walked down the hallway to Riley's room and through the window I could see she was sleeping but someone was visiting her. I peaked around the door and saw Jaceyln, I freaked out and hid behind the door. What the hell was she doing here, she hates Riley and has ruined her life why would she be visiting her in the hospital. Riley had just taken her medicines so she was heavily drugged and unconscious. 

I pressed my ear to the window and heard Jaceyln talk to a sleeping Riley "It amazes me how you survive anything and people just keep loving you more and more. It is actually quite annoying if you ask me. I mean I am the pregnant one here and all anyone can talk about it is poor little Riley. I thought I was escaping you by moving to New York but you just had to follow me didn't you? But guess what I win in the end because I am marrying the love of your life, and want to know something Riley? This was all the plan. The moment I found out he was cheating on me I created this plan and it has worked so far, you almost ruined everything a couple of times but I adapt. I faked a pregnancy to get Caspian to move back to New York far away from you and me being pregnant would force him to choose me over you. Now that I am actually pregnant he will never question that it isn't his, and now were getting married too. So it just seals the deal, I will have Caspian forever and you will constantly watch me have the life you were suppose to have and no one will ever know about this lie because well you won't even remember I was hear to visit or what I told you. See Riley I win and I get to take everything you ever wanted, you wanted the prince charming and the happy ending and now look at you." 

Jaceyln laughed and walked out of the room, I was in utter shock about what I just heard. No one has a clue that she isn't having Caspian's child and he will marry her thinking he has a duty to her but it all has been a lie... I had to do something and fast before she got away with marrying my best friend's man. The truth had to come out and fast.

WELP!! Jaceyln just outed herself and Jasmine has to decide what to do. Jaceyln has had all the power but now it's shifted. What should Jasmine do? Who should she tell? Comment your thoughts! 

Love y'all, 

Kaela