The Chase (Part Two)

Chapter 7: The Chase (Part Two)

(Riley's POV)

I smiled at this handsome man before me, and walked into the beautiful restaurant. We sat down in a private room and the waiter came with wine in his hand. He poured it to my glass and said "For the beautiful lady." I smiled and said "Thank you Sir." The waiter winked at Logan and said "You are blessed to have such a sight accompanying you." Logan smiled at the waiter who was leaving and brought his attention back to me. He grabbed his glass of wine and raised it up in the air for a toast and said "To new beginnings." I clinked his glass with his and took a sip. This indeed was the start of something new, I wasn't going to wait around for Caspian to love me back. Maybe who I am with now is the guy I am suppose to be with. What if Caspian is not the one?

(Caspian's POV)

Who was that guy? Why was he standing at her front door with floors and why isn't he home yet? It's 9 pm, if he was a REAL gentleman he would have brought her home by now. I sighed and rolled over in my bed, I looked at my phone and noticed a call from Jaceyln. I ignored the call and tried to go to sleep to take my mind off of things, off of her. I heard a loud chatter, so I peeped out of the door to see who it was. It was Riley, and man did she look beautiful, Logan was walking her to the door. She looked nervous, out of her element. Riley leaned in and kissed Logan, taking him by surprise and me also. My blood was boiling watching those too, but no one could ever know how this made me feel. I was going to be cold towards Riley, in hopes that my feelings for her die along the way.

(Riley's POV)

After we kissed a huge smile flashed my face, and butterflies fluttered in my stomach. He made me feel like the princess I've always desired to be, I looked at his beautiful blue eyes and said "Logan, thank you for this. This was the best time I've ever had in my life." He smirked at me and kissed me again before walking away. I was suck in a daze, not for a second did I think about Caspian while I was with Logan. I snapped out of it and walked in my apartment, which was a mess from the encounter I had with Caspian. My one size was laying on the floor, I picked it up and held it in my hands. One tear fell down my cheek, in that moment a thousand princes wouldn't take away the pain on frog left. I grabbed the one size and ran out of the apartment to Caspian's door. I knocked on the door repeatedly and waited for him to answer. But instead of him answering the door like I so desperately needed him too, Jaceyln did. Not only was Jaceyln the one answering the door, it was her in my favorite t-shirt of him. I titled my head and asked "Your wearing the t-shirt I gave him?" She smelled it and said "Yes, I needed to grab something quick to answer the door in. It smells just like him, he has a certain irresistible scent to him." At the same time we both said "He smells like the woods." Jaceyln looked at me with concern and envy, and I looked at her with the same look. She was jealous of all the history I have with him and I was jealous of the future she will have with him. To break the awkward silence, she said "Caspian told me your guys time got cut short because you went on a surprise date with some guy?" Her eyes were sparkling with excitement but I didn't know if she was truly happy for me or happy to get me out of the way. I faked smiled and said "He is a coworker and I wanted to talk about the date with Caspian." She smiled and said "He went out for some drinks with Lucas and Jasmine. Oh my gosh I just had an idea why don't you and your coworker and Caspian and I go on a double date? It will be perfect and Caspian can get to know your new guy and I can get to know you!" I needed to comprise, she wasn't going to leave Caspains life so I had to do something to keep him in mine. I looked at her and said with fake excitement "That sounds perfect how does next Friday sound?"