Callus Part Two

Chapter Four: Callus Part Two

(Riley's POV) 

2 am Riley's Apartment

"Ugh can they freaking shut up already." I fussed as I flopped on the other side of the bed for the fourteenth time. I am beyond irritated, and why you might ask? Well I can and will answer that, I am irritated because for the past four hours Caspian has been making loud noises with some random girl in his apartment and since we share a wall I can hear practically everything! Not to mention I have to go to work in morning and I haven't gotten a decent amount of sleep thanks to him and some random slut he is with. You think he would have the decency to play music so people can't hear every freaking thing. I was fuming and the later it got the angrier I got.

I look over at the clock above my TV and see it's now "3:00 am" I threw my pillow across the room knocking down a picture and groaned "That's it, I am going to go say something." I got out of bed with my fuzzy mismatching socks on and my bunny onzie, I had no shame at this point he needed to hear a piece of my mind.

I grabbed my key he gave me and jigged it through the key hole. I opened the door and immediately started screaming "What is wrong with you people, it's 3 in the morning and some people have to go to work! Do you have no class, seriously? No music, no romance so you just accept just anything. What it's just straight to the business with you two? Are you another one of his deranged slutty girlfriends, because he has plenty but at least they have the decency of shutting up at a certain hour! Don't you get tired? What are you a bunch of jack rabbits?" By the time I was finished screaming Caspian and the random girl were standing up starring at me like I was the crazy one. Which was kind of true when I finally shut up I looked around to see nothing of what I thought was going on, going on. They were playing call of duty and eating food. I smacked my forehead in embarrassment, the girl said "Wow Caspian I didn't know you had crazy stalker neighbors." I huffed and said "I am not crazy and I am not a stalker." She laughed and said "Your wearing a bunny onzie and mismatched fuzzy socks and if you aren't a stalker who are you then?" I grabbed my bunny tail on my butt and before I could answer Caspian cut in, "Meet Riley my best friend." The girl laughed even harder and asked sarcastically "What is she like in love with you or something?" I squinted my eyes, yelled and pointed at Caspian "He wishes!" He rolled his eyes at me and said "What are you doing in here Riley." I fidgeted and said humbly "I thought you were bumping uglies with another slutty friend, and you two were just making a lot of noise at such a late hour."

She looked at me with a cold stare and Caspian said "Well I am not and shes not a friend." I asked "She's not?" and at the same time she said "I'm not?" We were both confused and both waiting for Caspian to explain everything. He laughed and said "No she's not." He turned to her and said "Jaceyln will you be my girlfriend? Ive been through a bad relationship and for the past year I had given up on them but talking to you tonight, I just feel safe. I couldn't think of anyone better to try again with." A huge smile was plastered all over her dumb face, she said "Yes I would love to try with you Caspian." They hugged and I was dazed and confused, how could he just get back in the saddle like that. In seconds he knew what he wanted, she got him in seconds after he spent a year hating love. I was a little jealous, wait no a whole bunch of jealous. What's so special about her, what kind of name is Jaceyln anyways. As I was tearing her to pieces in my mind, Caspian walked over to me and said "Goodbye Riley, I would like my privacy." He started to push me through the open doors and back into my lonely apartment. He kissed my forehead and said "Goodnight crazy." He shut the door behind him and left me there alone, confused and hurt. The biggest question that wouldn't leave my mind was "Why am I so hurt?" Was I mad that he didn't choose me, even though there wasn't a choice to be made? Or was it that this girl had the power of taking away what I love the most, Caspian....