She's Not Right For You

Chapter 15: She's Not Right For You 

*Two Weeks Later*

(Caspian's POV)

 Riley has been seeing her therapist twice a week now and it seems to be calming her down, I think today she is cleared to go visit Hayden which I think she needs to do. She needs to face her demons because that's the only way they will go away. I am not going to lie seeing her like that it scared me, I couldn't help her no matter how hard I tried. I couldn't take her pain away, the guilt I am apart of the reason why she feels that guilt and she indirectly hinted that when she explained how she felt. I walked into my office to see Fiona sitting in the chair across from mine waiting for me to start my day. 

I sat down in my chair and rubbed my eyes, I haven't been getting much sleep worrying about Riley and how she is doing. Sometimes in her sleep she mumbles things and I would just rather know what's going on with her before another episode happens. Fiona looked at me up and down with her brows furrowed, I rolled my eyes and said "What?" She grabbed me a water bottle and said "When's the last time you slept a full 8 hours?" I grabbed the bottle and asked "What gave it away?" She laughed and said "Well your suit isn't matching, your hair isn't slicked down how it normally is and well you have a full grown beard. That's not the immaculate Caspian I know." I cleared my throat and said "I've just been trying to take care of Riley, make sure she doesn't go through another episode."

Fiona waltzed over to me and sat on my desk so I could see her fully, she opened the bottle of water and said "Whose taking care of you?" I laughed and said "Myself." She laughed at me and said "Yep you are doing an amazing job." I rolled my eyes at her again and said "Is there a point to this conversation or no?" He handed me the opened bottle of water and she said "You will see today, come on. I cleared the schedule today for one appointment." I looked up at her with one brow raised and asked "What appointment?" She smirked at me with her devilish lips and said "You'll see very soon. Come on let's go, I am driving." 

I reluctantly got up from my seat and followed behind her, we walked out of the building and she got in the drivers seat. I sat in the passengers seat and said "I hope you don't mind but I would like to take a little nap while your driving to God knows where." She nodded and I closed my eyes and leaned my seat back. 

***

The car came to a halt and the engine turned off which woke me up from my cat nap, which I desperately needed. I yawned and asked "Where are we?" She smiled at me and said calmly "Don't be mad at me, I am only doing this because I care about you and I am worried for you." I scrunched my brows together and she continued "I set you up a therapy session with one of my friends, I think this could really help you as well. Riley isn't the only one who needs guidance." She grabbed my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, she got out of the car and too my side. I looked at her and before I could attest to this whole thing she yanked me out of the car. I sighed and said "To be so tiny you sure are strong." She glanced back at me, shrugged her shoulders and said "I work out." 

I walked into the office and it was filled with chairs and there was a desk where the receptionist sat, Fiona walked over to her and told her we had a appointment. This whole thing just felt uncomfortable, I mean how am I suppose to open up to a complete stranger. I mean what can she tell me, does she expect me to pour my little heart out to her? No none of that was going to happen... EVER!!

*Moments Later*

"I don't know Kelly, I mean I feel drained like I haven't had a break. It's always been one thing after another, relationship after relationship, tragedy after tragedy. I am just so tired of it all, and it's like at first I was forced to be with a psychopath then the next thing she decides to get to a whole higher level of crazy and kill my mother and attempt to kill Riley and I. Then I mean after that I finally get Riley back then she goes off on the deep end, and I mean she has every right to but I just don't know if I am the right guy to handle everything that's going on. It's like I have everyone on my shoulders, I still have a company to run with all these personal problems I am still facing." 

Kelly interrupted me by putting her hand up to shut me up and said "Slow down. Start with Riley." I sunk into the comfy brown couch and said "I've loved Riley my entire life, it just took me later on in life to see that. We have these moments, when I look into her eyes and I just know I will never be the same. Like we both know we won't ever recover from this, that's how strong our love is for each other. But.... Then I will always have it in the back of my head that maybe all of this tragedy is the universe way of telling us that we just can't push past it." 

Kelly let out a deep sigh and said "Riley is toxic right now and for you to keep loving her is toxic and for her to keep you around in this time is toxic. Caspian you haven't been Caspian in a while, you've been everyone's rock and you can't be that for everyone. You need to take a break from the world and be Caspian, worry about Caspian and fix Caspian. Until you and Riley and can fix who you two are separately you will never work together and I think that's what the universe is trying to tell you. That she isn't right for you, right now." 

Those words hit me like a sword and it was piercing through my heart, the thought of not being with Riley kills me but I also know that for us to both be normal again we just might have to separate. I feel like Riley and I can never catch a break like us being in love and happy is just never a possibility. I sat there on the couch and just listened as Kelly guided me with what I needed to do to take control of my life and be Caspian again.

***

(Riley's POV)

I reluctantly walked inside the double doors leading the hospital, it's crazy I use to be able to just walk in this place like it was nothing, but now things are just different. I am different now I feel like wounded puppy scared to set off every five seconds and create a scene. It was like I was a ball of nerves and just the thought of seeing him would make me go on a downward spiral. I had to put on my big girl panties on and talk to my best friend. The guy I loved and the guy who risked his life for me, the guy who loved me. I walked in his room and saw the handsome blonde man sitting straight up full of life, tears fell from my eyes just watching him. He was so different, he wasn't laying in that miserable bed dormant he was up and eating. He was finally getting his olive skin color back, he didn't look pale like he did before. He still had his facial hair and his curly hair was all over the place, he was eating a chocolate cupcake not even aware that I was standing in the doorway. 

I smiled and said "That doesn't seem like fresh out of a coma food." His eyes flicked up towards me and a light shined so bright in his blue orbs, he smiled and said "What? This is defiantly out of a coma food. All I need is good wine now!" I ran over to him and attacked him with hugs and kisses on the cheeks. I finally let him go and said "You idiot! Why would you jump in front of a bullet, you could have died!" My facial expression was serious and so was his, he brushed a few loose hairs out of my face and behind my ear and said sincerely "You were worth the risk." I put my palm against his cheek and said "I love you Hayden, I just wish I could have saved you like you saved me." 

He smiled at me and said "The past is the past, whats the present?" I looked down in disappointment and said "Jaceyln killed Caspian's mom, and My father." My voice cracked and I could no longer speak, and he picked up on it. He wiped away my tears and I laid on his chest and whispered "I am so sorry Hayden. None of us deserved this." 

****

I spent three hours in his bed filling him in on everything, I could tell just hearing about what's been going on was tiring and he needed his rest. The doctors haven't cleared him yet but he looks so much better so it's only a matter of time before they give him the go. I walked to my front door and before I opened it I noticed an envelope. I picked it up and walked inside of my house, no one was home so I sat down at the dinner table undid my bun and took off my leather jacket. I opened the envelope and saw a letter written in red.

 I raised my eyebrow in suspicious and the read the letter which said "You will get what you deserve Riley, you slipped away once but I won't make the same mistake again. It's coming soon, you will feel exactly what you caused everyone else to feel..... Pain."