I Gave You A Gift & You Rejected It

Chapter 29: I Gave You A Gift & You Rejected It

(Caspian POV) 

"Riley you have wonderful idea's you really are a great asset to the company." My father said while sipping on his wine, Riley smiled brightly and said "Thank you for the opportunity sir, Caspian are we done here?" My father looked at me and answered for me "Actually love I need to talk to my son for just a few moments." Riley nodded her head and said "Okay, well I texted Hayden a while ago and he is here to pick me up, so I will just see you back at the office Caspian. It was nice sharing strategies with you Mr.Allan." My father smiled and kissed Riley's cheek and said "I told you baby girl, It's always been Pops and it will always stay that way for you. I use to change your diapers!" We all laughed and Riley excused herself to leave with Hayden who was waiting for her outside.

Yes the idea of her hanging out with him made me cringe but she made it clear that she wanted only a friendship with me. I just didn't want her having a friendship with him, not only have I grown to like him but it would be bad business if those two got involved with each other and made things more messier than what they already are...

I watched the woman I love walk outside and spend time with another man, my dad interrupted my lurker gaze and said "Son I feel no empathy for you anymore."  I directed my attention to him and asked "what are you talking about?" My father's demeanor had changed he wasn't lighthearted like he was earlier with Riley, he looked fed up. 

My father shifted in his seat and said "Honestly son why do you think I brought Riley back all the way from California?" I titled my head in confusion but answered anyways "I don't know, because she is smart and talented and you trust her?" My father sipped on his wine, sat the cup down and firmly said "No not entirely, Yes Riley is smart, trustworthy, dependable and honest. All which are amazing qualities but not why I would remove her from her happy life in California, I brought her here because I hear you cry for her at night. You go to sleep drinking and you wake up drinking, your restless at night son. You mumble her name constantly while your dreaming and you aren't even aware of it. I brought her here to give you a second chance to reconcile things between you and her." 

I was in utter shock that my dad knew about that, and that he would something big to fix it. I stuttered "Pops... I .. I didn't know, you knew about." My father interrupted me and almost yelled but tried to control how loud his voice got "Listen to me Caspian, I did not bring her here for you to publicly propose in her face! Riley deserved more than that, and now she is growing closer and closer to your friend Hayden." I sunk in my seat and humbly said "I had no other choice dad." My father slammed his hand on the table and said "We are all given a choice son! That's no longer an excuse, you pushed her away so you can't get mad at someone else for being open arms. You are blind if you think she is going to just sit around forever and hope that you to can mend old wounds. I can see it in that girls eyes that she is done, and once she officially closes her heart off to you there is no winning it back especially when you have others competing for it." 

I looked down at my phone screensaver which was a picture of Riley and I and said "Pops I am stuck, there isn't much I can do at this point." My father nodded his head and simply said "Then prepare your heart, because it soon will be broken. I can feel it son, I've broken enough hearts to know and I've had mine broken enough to tell when my son will soon experience the same pain I had to endure. Loving Riley from a far and not knowing if she feels the same is completely different from loving her right in your face and knowing she doesn't return the same love. Now that my son, that is pain." 

I looked at my fathers face and I could tell he was serious, he saw something I ignored. He paid attention to Riley, and he saw the threat in Hayden. This was more than just jealously, I was facing something worse. I was facing loosing Riley for good, and to one of my friends....

UH OH, Caspian's father feels something coming...  He see's something that Caspian and Riley both are denial about. Caspian believes no matter who comes around he will always be in Riley's heart, but what if she really has closed it off to him? If that's the case then it would be easy for her to see Hayden, the one guy who genuinely wants to protect her and most importantly from Caspian....

YIKES!!! Comment what you think about Pops advice, new update will be tomorrow and it will be longer and it will be deeper! A storm of feelings are brewing...