The Waiting Game

The picture above is Isabella

The Waiting Game

1 year later....

I'll wait for you and in return, I hope you're waiting for me too....

(Riley's POV)

The streets of Barcelona, we meet again. I had such a warm feeling in my while I scrolled the beautiful tan streets. I had sun kissed skin from staying out in the sun, my hair was now long and jet black making my auburn brown eyes pop. I looked down at my free flowy yellow sundress and the gold floppy hat I had to match and smiled at my new found sense of style. Wow, it's been a year and a lot has changed but not me. I remained the same difficult Riley, but my outlook on love and life did change.

I use to view love as a beyond romantic fairy tale, but life showed me another side of it, heartbreak... Now I view love as a mixture of things, you can't have romance without tragedy but once you find someone worth the tragedy it makes all the fairy tale moments something worth waiting for. Were only given one life, and many chances to fall madly in love, but only one shot to keep that love. Once you have a love so epic, so heartbreaking, so speechless you have to hold on to it and wait. Wait for a day where everything make sense, wait for a time when things just fit, wait for a moment where you both realize it.... Falling in love was easy but keeping that love, well that was a waiting game...

I snapped out of my own thoughts and had this goofy bright smile on my face, I had no idea what was flowing through my veins right now but all I can say was Barcelona had a affect on me. It made me reminiscence at my time here, the time it rained and Caspian and I, well let's just say we were out on the roof while the rain fell down on us. I put my finger in my mouth and bit it, my phone started to buzz my ringtone. "I know when that hotline bling.." I let the song play for a bit before I answered it, "Hello?" Jasmine was on the other line, she cleared her throat and said "Did you make it safely? You were suppose to call me last night?" I rolled my eyes and said "Okay mom... I am safe, I am just strolling down the streets of Barcelona." I could hear her thinking on the line, she finally broke the silence and said "So many memories from that week huh?" I sighed and said "Yes, a lot." She huffed and coldly said "Well that was a year ago, no need remembering the past. Just call me when you get back to the hotel, I have to finish my business."  She clicked the phone, and I tucked my phone back into my tiny purse.

I pulled out my map and searched for the gondola's as I continued to walk, trying to read the map because it was in complete Spanish I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. Suddenly I collided with a hard surface launching me on my butt, my map fell on the floor and I grabbed my booty and said "Owie." A man reached out his hand and not paying attention I grabbed it, and accepted his help. I brushed myself off and bent down to grab my map, I picked it up and said "Sorry, I wasn't paying attentio" I stopped talking when I finally made eye contact with the man I had bumped into. My eyes widen and I pinched myself to see if I was dreaming, I rubbed my arm quickly as the pain of the pinch filled the sore spot on my arm.

I looked into his hazel orb's and shockingly said "Caspian?" A smile reached his face taking all the space, his eyes sparkled as the sunlight hit them. I looked down at his right hand and realized their was a two year old girl who looked like him, My eye's widened even more and he said "This is Isabella." My eyebrows raised and said "Isabella?" My brain instantly replayed the night we created our life, if he didn't have to move away to New York to be with Jaceyln. That night I told him what our future would have looked like and I named our daughter Isabella. He looked down at her with a smile on his face and said "Yes I named her after your fantasy family you built for us awhile ago, I fell in love with the name and it suited her." The little girl had dimples in her cheeks and bright green eyes like all of the Accarda family, for this girl to not be Caspian's birth child she sure looked like it.  I was stunned but I immediately snapped back to the day when he walked away with Fiona, and I remember that, that wicked witch was still in the picture. No way Caspian could manage being a single father and a owner of a billion dollar company.

My smile faded and I coldly asked "Where is Fiona?" His eyes widen and he looked confused by my question, he laughed and said "What?" I repeated the question now feeling annoyed, "Where is Fiona? The last time I saw you two, well you were off to start a new family." I pointed at the little one who was looking at me up and down. Caspian's brows raised and he slowly said "Riley did you think Fiona and I were together?" I nodded my head simply and he explained "No we weren't, were not. I only brought her so that Isabella would see a female and fell comfortable since I had no idea how to take care of a child back then." I felt stupid for assuming now, he continued "Riley I haven't been with anyone, not since the day I left you. I couldn't... Not when I couldn't recover from loving someone else." My mouth dropped in complete utter shock, my body was frozen and every fiber in my being wanted to just take him and keep him forever. Remember that moment I was talking about, well I think it was finally here.

I think Caspian read my mind because he slowly let go of Isabella's hand and grabbed both of mine, my eyes slowly glanced at our hands and I let out a breath I didn't even know I had held in. He smiled at me and pulled me into him making our lips collide. He kissed me slowly and I kissed him back, the pit of my stomach churned into butterflies and I felt like if my cells were vibrating, as if I was floating on a cloud and finally everything in the world fell into place. I slowly broke the kiss and stared into his enchanting eyes, one single tear fell from my eye and I slowly said "I waited for you." He never broke his intense gaze and finally said "And I found my way back to you..."

What do you guys think about this? I know most of you wanted independent kick butt Riley, but at the end of the day what's destined is destined! Sometimes with love it's just a waiting game.... Comment, Comment, Comment if you want an epilogue also if you want me to write a spin off of Jasmine's and Allan's love story! Thank you for all the love and support we are now at 14,000 views and I just feel like a proud mamma! You all mean the world to me and I wouldn't have been able to do this without you guys, which is why I wanna write more for you guys!

Love you all,

Kaela