In Denial

The picture above is Fiona

Chapter 34: In Denial

One month later

(Caspian's POV)

I looked at everyone moving around like busy bee's and thought to myself, this isn't right none of this is. Jaceyln didn't deserve all the floral arrangements, the musicians, the expensive fabrics and elegant dresses. I was going to be walking down the aisle with the wrong girl and the right girl told me she didn't want me anymore, her heart was for another. At first I was in denial about Riley moving on, I thought it had just been because of the accident. I started to realize she was serious because that was the last time I've heard from her. Hayden has checked in with a couple of times letting me know about her recovery but I haven't seen Riley since I saved her from the accident.

I've filled my days with business meetings, wedding plans and baby showers for my future daughter. My mother has been doing her best to keep me busy and keep my focus off of Riley and on the baby and Jaceyln. I haven't talked to Jasmine since the day at the bakery, I think I scared her off with the letter. Hayden told me she abandoned Riley and barley calls anyone, she should be back now because her leave has been done for work. I walked into the kitchen grabbed a glass of wine and sat down next to Nadia, she took a sip from her glass and said "Brother I always have admired you, you always stood up for yourself and what you wanted. The Caspian I remember was his own person, he never took no for an answer and he fought for what he loved. I remember when you were dating Fiona and mom said "she will never be good enough for this family", and I remember you telling mom that the family wasn't good enough for her, that we didn't deserve to know her if that's how we were going to act. Where is that Caspian at now? Because the brother sitting next to me isn't the same one that left New York in the first place.." She looked at me with disappointment and walked away.

Everything she said was true, I use to live by what I wanted and no one else could make me change. I fought for what I wanted in life and I even left this life behind once, and now I am so easily trapped. I let Jaceyln and my mom steal who I was and change me into something I never thought I would be. I walked out of the house and I got inside my car and began to drive. Drive for answers....

-----

I pulled in her driveway and parked the car, let out a deep sigh and said "Here goes nothing." I walked up to the front door and rang the door bell, the house chimed a nice tune and she opened the door. She gasped in shock and said "Caspian...." I reluctantly smiled and said "Hey Fiona." She ran into my arms hugging me and said "Come inside, come inside." I walked inside to the comfy but elegant house, I sat down on her couch and she handed me a glass of wine. I smelled the flavors and said "My favorite." She smiled and said "I remember when you took me on my first wine tasting, and this is what we tried and I fell in love with it, and this has been what I drink ever since." I smiled and said "I know your wondering why I am here after three years." She nodded her head yes and politely said "Yes kinda, but I am not going to lie it's so good to see you after all this time."

I shifted in my seat and blurted out "I am sorry this is hard for me, you lied to me and you cheated on me with Marco. How can you just sit her and face me like everything is just rainbows and unicorns." Fiona looked away from me and shook her head and said "You know what I've stayed silent for long enough, you need to know the truth Caspian. Your mother is a lying, selfish manipulative woman and she did everything in her power to get me out of your life for good. She thought I wasn't worthy of you and she wanted to you be with Katherine, she said she was famous and had a lot of money and you two would be successful. She said I would only make it in this world because I was on your shoulder, no one would care about me unless I was with you. I didn't listen to her lies, I loved you Caspian and no one was going to change that. So she took more dramatic measures, she had Marco come over my house and I was just having small talk with him and the moment your keys were in the door Marco kissed me. That's what you walked in on, nothing more. You were the love of my life and all I wanted was to be your wife, but your mother took that from me. I tried so many times to reach out to you and tell you the truth but you just wouldn't listen to me, and then I heard you moved to California and I knew it was over..."