Ice Queen

Chapter 7: Ice Queen 

(Jasmine's POV) 

I looked at both Allan and Alex and asked "So which one of you lucky human beings is going to take me home?" Allan looked over at the office and back at me, and said "I will, I will take you home Jasmine." Alex asked him "Are you sure?" He smiled at her and said "I am sure it's on my way home, you would have to drive in a direction that's not by you." Alex smiled and she left with Nadia and her mom,  I walked next to Allan and said "Thanks for offering to give me a ride." He smiled and said "No problem Jasmine." 

We walked to his car and he opened the door for me, I got inside the car and he got inside too. He put his phone and a card in the cup holder, while we were driving I asked him "How was your meeting?" He looked over in the rear view mirror at the lanes behind him and said "She gave me my freedom back, Caspian got everything of hers, Nadia got all of her jewelry and the boys got nothing but frozen assets."  I was in shock I can't believe she would give everything to Caspian, and freedom what did she mean by that. I looked over at him and asked "So what are you going to do with all that freedom, she gave you." He laughed and said "Funny another woman asked me that same question." I curiously looked over at the card and grabbed it, I said "Leslie? I'm guessing she gave you this card for a reason." 

Just mentioning that made me slightly, a little bit, kind of, maybe... Well jealous. He looked over at me looking at the card and said "She asked me out." I cleared my throat and reluctantly said "You should go." He looked over at me shocked and asked "You think I should go?" I nodded my head and said "Your young, and you deserve happiness. Right now your free and nothing is tying you down, I mean you've had to be a father and husband since you were 18. When have you had time to actually just have fun and date, and do the simple things and if she wants to do all that with you then you should give it a shock." 

He looked convinced and said "mmh you have a point, maybe I should call."  Honestly I did want him to have those things, I mean the man deserved it, but if you asked me did I want it to be her I would say no. If you asked me if I wanted it to be me, well I wouldn't have an answer for you..

(Riley's POV) 

I walked through the same hallway and went into the same room, to see the same person for the 9th time. This was my routine at least twice a week, I try to go more but I just haven't had the time between the funeral, the will and just dealing with life in general. I walked into his room and sat in my chair and said "I am back, I just came back from reading my father's will. He gave Jasmine, Alex and myself all equal shares of his money. I even got to see a video of him, he told me how proud he is of me and how happy he was that I moved back to New York. He told me to be happy but I don't even know what that means anymore.

There are moments when Caspian and I are together, and everything just feels right and I feel whole but then in the next second things just change, I just change.... I know he tries his hardest to be there for me, but I just can't open up to him no matter how hard I try. It's like there's a normal me trapped in this me, and I feel myself yelling at me. Telling me you have an amazing guy don't take him for granted, or he loves you just open up but I can't. there's this blockage and this feeling, that I just can't get around. I want to love him, and I want to be with him but something is just stopping me from that. 

The more I think about it, it becomes clearer and clearer, Jaceyln took everything from me and I will never be fully happy and okay until she pays for what she has done. The police still can't find her, they think she is just hiding out until she has her baby. They plan on getting her after she has her baby, because she will be vulnerable she won't be thinking clearly. Until the moment I see her handcuffed and behind bars, I have to wait and patiently. What I have to decide is if it's fair to Caspian to have someone in his life who can't give him their whole. I didn't want to be mean towards the man I love, but honestly I don't know how to love him anymore. Everything about me has changed and  love doesn't make sense anymore, especially when  it can be so easily ripped out of my arms like before...

(Caspian's POV)

I looked at Fiona and said "I don't know Fi she just shuts me out, and when she does that there isn't a going back. I mean there are times when I feel like she's mine again, but something happens that convinces me she's not. What sucks the most is she goes all the time to visit Hayden and I can only imagine she can talk to him, but she can't even managed to say a simple how are you to me. I mean I lost my mother, and I lived a year believing that I had brought a child into this earth and I didn't. I am messed up too and I am tired of her acting like she's the only one broken." 

Fiona rubbed my back and calmly said "Caspian people handle grief different ways and I know right now it feels like forever, but eventually things will get  better for you two wither it's together or apart. As of right now you need to take care of yourself, and grieve properly instead of worrying about everyone else. I am here for you whenever you need to talk, but you do need to tell Riley how you feel. She needs to know how much of strain she is putting on your guys relationship and if she cares she will do something about it. Riley's never been the Ice Queen, and if that's who she turned into now I am sure you can break her down. You've always been the guy to effect the people you least expect." 

I smiled at Fiona and said "Thanks this was exactly what I needed, and I am glad that if I can't talk to Riley I know I can talk to you." She kissed my cheek and said "I will always be here, I am just happy to be in your life again. Call me if you ever need to chat, it doesn't matter what time." 

She walked out of the door and Riley was standing on the other side, Riley looked confused on why Fiona was here but Fiona said to her "Hey girl." Riley looked at her and said "Hi." She pushed past Fiona and said to me "We need to talk."