Jasmine and Allan's Preview Chapter

Chapter 1: Dice 

(Jasmine's POV)

I slowly walked in the massive building that read "Shallow Enterprises" normally I would be ready for work and whatever task was coming my way, but ever since Riley and Caspian's wedding I can't shake the feeling that Allan wasn't just messing with me that one day he might actually walk in our double doors and into my office. Two weeks ago I had avoided seeing that man and I did really good until the enviable happened, and when we crossed paths I just felt like it wouldn't be the last time. Two years ago Allan and I were together, yes in secret but we were together but a lot has changed in those years.

The elevator doors dinged and I was finally on the top floor overlooking the beautiful city of New York, I don't think I could ever get tired of my view. I walked into the hallway in my sharp all black outfit, I was wearing tight black skinny jeans and a black tank top shirt with a black blazer. My hair was neatly parted to the side in it's short bob and I had it neatly tucked behind my ears, I was now 30 and my racy ways changed. I was the head marketing director and I made most of the decisions for the clients I am assigned to, when Owen first gave me the job I started out slow but I made my way to the top and quickly. Owen's boss Oliva loved my idea's and contribution to the company so she promoted me and now I work underneath her and Owen. 

Speaking of Owen, we are very close and it is still surprising to me. I thought I would never fully trust him again, but he is slowly earning that trust back. We aren't together as much as he wants to be but right now we are just friends who have a chance at being something more. We go to counseling together and separately and we both are just focused on repairing what's broken and after that if something comes of it then we will see what it is exactly. 

I sat down in my black cushion chair and my assistant Alexa greeted me with coffee and a bagel, she fixed her nerdy glass and said "Good Morning Jasmine, I got you a caramel macchiato and a multi-grain bagel with low fat cream cheese." She smiled brightly and I did too, I nodded my head in approval and said "Thank you A, what is my schedule for today?" She nodded and quickly opened my planner and scanned through the day and said "Okay so in 5 minutes you have an appointment with a new client, Owen said this one is important because the company is going to start a merger with this mysterious company. " She paused and my eyes met her confused ones and she continued "It looks like whoever this person is, they cleared your schedule for the entire day your full work day is allotted to this meeting only." My brows furrowed and I said "Who is this meeting with? What company?" 

Alexa looked flustered and she humbly responded "Miss.Jasmine, it doesn't say, there is no name?" I tilted my head at her and asked sharply "You didn't write that down?" Her eyes widen and she quickly said "No, this appointment was written in this morning right when I got to work. Miss.Jasmine, I didn't take this appointment. I am sorry." My put my hand up and waved her off and said "It's fine A, I am just curious to know who this person  is and why they want my time for the entire day, that is all." She nodded in understanding and said "You are meeting in meeting room A. In well.. now 2 minutes." I sighed and guzzled down the rest of my coffee and shoved the bagel into my mouth before I had to leave for this weird meeting. 

I chewed the remaining bagel that was in my mouth and dusted off my pants, I walked over to my full body mirror and made sure I looked presentable, I smirked at myself and grabbed my briefcase before I head over to the meeting room. Alexa followed behind me quickly and before entering I said to her "Alexa I can handle this one, I would rather you be doing something productive instead of watching the paint dry in this boring meeting I am going to be held up in." Alexa laughed quietly and nodded her head before rushing away to her desk, Alexa was young and ambitious and I loved that about the 20-year-old. 

I sighed and slowly turned the knob and entered the cold stuffy room. I put my briefcase on the table and noticed the chair across from me turned away so I couldn't see who was in the chair exactly. I began to talk hoping the person would not be rude and reveal themselves, "I am Jasmine Sanders, I am the Marketing Director and I believe we are here to talk about the merger you are doing with our company. I am sorry that Owen couldn't make it, he is currently out of town, but I will be the main point of contact for you." The chair slowly turned around and revealed..... I said in shock "Allan?" 

He formed a huge smirk and said in his accent "We meet again, Miss.Sanders." My jaw dropped and I couldn't hide my surprise, my poker face went out of the door once I saw his face again. He stood up from the seat now towering over me and continued "I told you that we would be seeing a lot of each other, and I am afraid this is only the beginning Jasmine. Or do you prefer, Miss.Sanders? I don't know since we haven't spoken in two years." I slowly gulped as he got closer forming more tension between us, the pit  of my stomach sunk and I was at a loss for words. The wedding was the only time in two years I saw Allan, and that was brief but now he was in front of me and I couldn't avoid him or hide. I don't know why seeing him made me want to do that anyways, but it did.  I slowly sat down and he sat down across from me, still remaining in perfect posture and he still had that dashing smirk all over his face. 

I slowly said, "Can we just get to business?" Allan let out an amused laugh and slowly said "After you answer a couple of questions. I have you for the entire day so might as well." I bite my lip in slight frustration and decided to just go along with it and said in defeat "Fine Allan." Allan leaned back into the chair and said "This isn't a question, but damn you look so uptight and controlled." My eyebrow raised and I simply said "Well Allan, people change." He smiled and said "Mhhm, I liked you better free. So Jasmine why did you leave me all those years ago." My eyes widen and I gulped at the blunt question that I honestly didn't have the answer too, I tried my best to answer it honestly so I said "Honestly I convinced myself I was doing it for Riley and the fact that Caspian broke up with her but I always knew those, two would find their way back to each other. I guess I just used that as a cover, I was scared of you and us, and what that was and the feelings I had. So when I found an easy out I took it, and I tried to make sure you wouldn't want to fight for me." Allan nodded his head, he was emotionless at this point and I didn't understand why he asked me that. I let out a deep breath and he asked "Why didn't you ever reconnect?" I bite my lip and softly said "Because I didn't know if I could look Allan so much time has gone by and I have my regrets and I have to live with them but I would just rather not talk about them. I have moved on from them and my life two years ago and I am on the right track." 

Allan smiled softly and simply got on his phone and said "Hello Hazel, Ciao Amore io sono pronto. Grazie."I picked up on my Italian after being with Allan so I knew exactly what he said, slowly after the phone call ended a tall slender gorgeous Italian women opened the door and came to Allan. Allan instantly stood up and connected his eyes to her and whispered something in her ear. My body heated up with something, I couldn't describe the feeling I had watching  Hazel interact with him. Hazel looked over at me and asked in her strong accent "Who is this, Allan?" Allan wrapped his arm around her thin waist and said "This is a business partner Jasmine Sanders, also Riley's best friend." Hazel smiled and said "Oh Riley talks about you all the time, I thought you looked beautiful at her wedding." My eyes widen and I asked "You were at the wedding?" She nodded and said "Yes I was Allan's plus one." I nodded my head and Allan said "It was nice catching up Jasmine, long time no see. I will keep in contact when we can start working together, I already have everything drawn up and waiting for you on your desk." 

My jaw dropped, but I quickly fixed my face and managed to keep my composure, Hazel smiled at me sweetly and said "Ciao Jasmine, very nice meeting you." I nodded my head at her and slowly watched as Allan walked away with Hazel smiling. I fell back into my seat and sighed, I said to myself "What the hell is wrong with me today?" 

What do you guys think of Allan and Jasmine reuniting? This is the first chapter of the spin off for Jasmine and Allan's story, comment predictions and who you want to see from the "Just Friends" book! I will post the first three chapters on this book and then I will be moving Jasmine and Allan's story to their own separate book! Thank You all for the support, sorry I have been out of comission I have been dealing with the college life the past few weeks!