23 - Feeling Better

Enjoy~

I strapped fitness gloves on my hands. I steadied the punching bag before hitting it.

The door opened but I didn't notice.

I continued to hit the bag. Every ounce of emotion going into the bag.

I stop, breathing heavily I bend my knees and rest my head on the punching bag.

"You shouldn't sit after working out."

I whipped my head to the voice.

"Ray? Why are you up it's-" I looked at the clock on the wall "3:30 am."

"I was just getting some water when I thought I'd check on you. I just happened to have heard you punching 'Mr. Marshmello'."

I laughed at the nickname. "I forgot about that name."

"How? Every Time you saw one you'd always run-up to it. You'd hug it then scream 'It's Mr. Marshmello!." He said, mimicking my voice.

"You used to be so cute." He smiled, looking at the floor.

"Used to be?! Sir- Rude." I smiled, feeling better.

"There's the smile."

I rolled my eyes, still smiling. "Yeah yeah."

"So I heard-"

"I really don't wanna talk about it," I told him, my smile disappearing.

"First off. Don't interrupt me. Secondly, I was going to talk about dating the boy." Ray lifted his eyebrows as a knowing look came to his face.

"Ray- No."

"So I guess it's finally time."

I covered my face in embarrassment, knowing what's about to happen. "Ray, Please."

"When two people love each other-" I covered his mouth.

My face red with embarrassment. "Shut. Up."

I uncovered his mouth. He smirked "They do this activity with many different names. Some being, 'Adult naptime' 'Bedroom rodeo' 'Filling the creme donut' 'rearranging of the'-"

I finally covered his face again. "I swear- Shut. The. Fuck. Up."

He dramatically gasped. "Did you just say no-no words? I'm telling Mom. Wait-"

I laughed.

Yes, our mother's dead and it should be a sensitive topic but learning as much as I have about our past it's not really that sensitive anymore.

"You should not be laughing that hard," Ray said laughing himself.

I was on the floor holding my stomach.

After a few minutes, my laughter lessened.

"That had no business being that funny," I told Ray.

"I wanted you to laugh- but not where it'd take years off your life- Oh, sorry."

"It's fine. I don't intend to die. You and I both know how stubborn I am. I'm not dying without reason. And dying because of whatever the hell that ability is. . . not a reason." I smiled at him.

"Hey, what if you had tomorrow off," Ray suggested.

"From like what?" I asked.

"Everything. I can take you out of the area and you can do basically whatever."

"As much as I'd love that, I'd feel guilty. Especially since I just got done with an argument about how I don't have extra time."

"Not even to spend time with your older brother." He gave me puppy dog eyes.