Finally, a harmonious morning - Bucky x reader

Warnings: mentioning of PTSD and anxiety (very briefly though)

This is a very fluffy piece, hope you'll like it😊.

------------------------

I have never particularly enjoyed mornings, waking up and immediately feeling pressured by the day's events. Getting out of bed used to be a struggle worse than most things I hate. Surprisingly enough having Bucky next to me when I woke up every morning made things a bit easier at least. I had to convince him with force until he eventually gave in and decided to keep me company throughout the whole night. He had trouble sleeping because of nightmares and I had trouble getting out of bed because of anxiety and stress. We helped each other and it proved to be a great solution that benefitted us both immensely. From the beginning, I thought it was weird that Bucky didn't want to stay the night since we had our unspoken relationship going. However, over time I grew to understand how personal and severe his nightmares and PTSD was. Our problems were not easy to solve and such things take time but having the comfort of each other's affection seemed to be improving the progress in a way I didn't think was possible.

One of those mornings I woke up from uninterrupted sleep in the arms of the man I loved, and I couldn't stop smiling. I let myself relish in the moment and turned over to face Bucky, whose eyes were still closed. For once I had woken up with an encouraging feeling and it was because of the man holding me. My gaze traveled over his face, and I allowed myself to take in every feature of it. Bucky was usually not very fond of public affection or affection at all but in some moments, he was consumed by it.

"Stop staring."

"I'm just appreciating your very handsome face."

"It's a bit creepy, I was sleeping."

"More like romantic, but okay," I replied with the smile remaining in place.

Eventually, a matching smile graced his face, and he tightened his grip around me whilst pulling me on top of him. A cheerful giggle escaped me, accompanied by a high-pitched squeal. In my new position, our faces were mere inches apart and I utilized the moment to press my lips against his. His beard tickled my chin and my hair fell onto his face, probably tickling him as well. When I eventually pulled away from him, I sat up so that I was straddling his waist.

"You make me unreasonably happy; you know that right?"

"You make me even happier, doll."

The smile I thought couldn't get any bigger grew even further on my lips. I loved him so much, yet, I hadn't told him that. The thing we had felt so natural that we never felt the need to define it and other people didn't care enough to ask about it. We were happy and that's all that mattered to us and everyone around. Especially happy was Steve, his two best friends had found each other and healed one another. He had been ecstatic the first time we came down to the kitchen for breakfast, hand in hand. He kept telling us how adorable we looked together and eventually Bucky had left the kitchen when Steve wouldn't stop talking about it. Steve didn't know what he had done wrong, and I had just sat at the kitchen island laughing whilst eating my toast.

Bucky's hands rested on my hips and his fingers were drawing pictures on my skin. When I leaned down again to kiss him, and my hips moved slightly, he groaned underneath me in desperation. I stopped myself and looked into his eyes instead to meet his lustful gaze.

"You liked that, huh?"

"Doesn't matter actually since we have to get up. We have things to do, doll," he replied with a warm smile, and his eyes closed.

Perhaps he didn't want to look at me and excite himself any further. A small tank top was barely covering my upper half.

"But don't you want to stay in bed a little longer?"

"Yes, but I don't want Tony and Steve to yell at us for being late for training."

"I suppose you are right, my love," I admitted before placing a kiss on his forehead and another one on his left cheek.

With slow and lazy movements, I climbed off him and rid myself of the covers that were laying on my shoulders. As my feet touched the floor Bucky also started to get off the comfortable bed. My steps led me to the dresser next to the big window and I opened the top drawer in search of a shirt for the day. When I had found every clothing item that I needed, I started undressing the soft pajamas I had on. Just as I was about to start putting on the workout outfit I had chosen, I noticed Bucky staring at me.

"Really? You have seen me naked many times already."

"I'll never get tired of that beautiful body of yours." His eyes were exploring all parts of me and eventually he gestured for me to get over to him. "Come here."

The steps I took towards him were more cheerful than the ones I had taken towards the dresser. When I reached Bucky who was standing shirtless only wearing workout shorts, he invited me into his safe embrace. My arms slithered around him, and he pulled me even closer as he used his right hand to stroke my hair slowly. We stood in silence enjoying the moment and the familiar scent of each other. As my eyes closed, I could feel Bucky's hand trailing downwards until it was laid upon my butt. I giggled.

"I think that's enough hugging for now. We need to eat before we get to training."

"What? I just wanted to feel every part of you, appreciate you."

"Well, I can feel a certain part of you feeling my stomach which is telling me that we need to get going," I responded with a raised eyebrow.

Bucky released me, backed away, and looked down to discover exactly what I had felt on me.

"Alright, just give me a moment I need to put on a shirt."

At that, I turned around once more and kept on getting dressed, uninterrupted this time.

When we were both done Bucky took my hand, kissed it, and led me out through the door, towards the kitchen.

--------------------------------

Sorry if it's a bit boring but I thought it was pretty cute😊.