Simply my placid nature - Bucky x reader

Summary: Bucky comes to your place like he usually does when he wants some relief after missions

Summary: Bucky comes to your place like he usually does when he wants some relief after missions. This time he is as quiet and exhausted as always but he decides to show his appreciation in an unexpected way.

This a very fluffy piece with an adorable Bucky:)

(Should I change the perspective in my pieces? Like to a you-form instead? Lmk if you'd like that or not. )

----------

Floating silence was filling the apartment until the sound of the door opening disrupted it. It's not loud but the quiet nature of the apartment lets me notice it anyways. By now, I already know who is intruding my space and it warms my heart every time – hearing him dropping his bag to the floor and discarding his combat boots before entering further. Upon hearing him near the living room, I rise from the couch so that I can greet him properly. He usually does this, just walks in without a word in search of me. After missions, he likes coming here. He likes the absence of chaos.

Eventually, he is in the same room as me, and I can see him standing there looking exhausted and damaged. There are no flesh wounds but plenty of other marks. He has a bruise on his left cheek, his lip is cut and there is blood all over his clothes and hands. I'm not sure if the blood is his but I'm almost ready to bet that it's not.

"Hi, Bucky."

He doesn't answer, instead, he gives me an appreciative look, walks towards me, and collects me in his embrace. I respond immediately and rest my arms around his neck, not caring about the fact that he is probably getting blood and dirt all over me. He holds me tight and nuzzles his face into my neck, letting me inhale his rough scent. The way he is clinging to me makes me feel like he desperately needs me, needs to feel me. I am, in some ways, addicted to that feeling.

"We should probably get you cleaned up, Buck."

He nods.

Bucky follows me to the bathroom down the hall and walks in when I open the door for him. He sits down on the toilet and waits for me to retrieve all the supplies I usually use. When everything is set up on the sink I start with his face. First to go is the blood in the corner of his mouth, then the dirt on his cheek, and then the dirt on his scratched forehead. That part was easy, and Bucky barely flinched at any of it. However, the rest seems to be more work. His shirt is practically soaked in blood and all the skin that is showing is covered in mud. Worst is his flesh hand, coated with bruises, scrapes, cuts, and blood.

"It's probably better if you just shower, I'll bring you some fresh clothes and a towel." I smile at him before standing up and gathering the things I had laid out.

"Thank you." He gives me a weak smile and his eyes are showing me all the gratitude he doesn't express with words.

He watches me when I clean up and continues doing so when I'm once again standing in front of him. Just by letting his gaze rest on me, I melt. My hands relocate to his face, and I stroke it slowly with my thumb.