All her lies - Loki x FC

Summary: When a mystery woman from New Asgard shows up at the Avenger's tower, Loki gets suspicious already at first glance

Summary: When a mystery woman from New Asgard shows up at the Avenger's tower, Loki gets suspicious already at first glance. He investigates her closely and finally unveils her skillfully hidden secrets that leave him both shocked and intrigued.

Warning: Smut

This one is based on a prompt from a previous post and it's a bit different from my other stories but I hope you'll like it:)

----------

She didn't want to go, to abandon her peaceful life in New Asgard. Especially now that everything had settled and she didn't have to worry about people finding out. She was perfectly fine living the serene life she had adopted in this new world and she was even finer with being nothing more than an ex-maiden from Asgard. However, Thor is a rather stubborn god and when he had witnessed her abilities, he knew she would be ideal for the avengers. The last time he saw someone use magic in such a skillful and effortless manner, was when his mother was alive. Loki is obviously quite talented in that regard as well but he doesn't use his magic to his full extent nowadays.  

Then again, Thor had only caught the end of her little show for the children on the dock. Just when walking by, he had noticed the fireworks coming from her hands. The smooth movements were mesmerizing and he had looked at her with the same enchanted eyes as the children before her. She didn't seem to be familiar to him, her blonde hair braided in a typical Asgardian fashion was like most other women in town, yet something about her still felt familiar. It wasn't the way she looked, more so the way she moved and interacted with the children. 

As impressed and curious as he was, Thor felt compelled to approach her. He walked over to her slowly, almost like when approaching a cat in the street – afraid to scare it away. Before she could even notice his presence, he spoke: 

"I recognize that type of magic, my mother used to do the same trick for me and my brother."  

She wasn't startled at all, she simply turned around after sending the children away. They ran, the sound of laughter following them.  

"Yes. Frigga was a wonderful woman." 

He lets his gaze find hers and smiles at her, warm like the sun.  

"Did you know her? My mother?"  

She's not as tense as she was but her hands stay clasped in front of her.

"Not personally, but we were in the same social circles. We both grew up among witches."  

He nods. "You must be quite talented then, in regards to magic."  

"I know a couple of tricks," she says as she hides a slight smile by turning her head, pretending to watch a fishing boat out on the water.  

"I bet you know a lot more than just a couple."