Chapter 61

bit of sad, bit of happy, bit of drama

.

.

.

Louis’ POV

Even though Harry had said all the right things after I’d fucked up last week, I still felt guilty.

I didn’t know how to act around him, scared that everything I did was wrong.

I wasn’t sure if he wanted me close to him, so I tried keeping my distance. I wasn’t sure if he wanted me to call or text, so I always waited for him to do it first, not wanting to be clingy.

I didn’t want to upset him, because I felt like any moment, he was going to snap at me and leave.

And I couldn’t have him leave me, I would actually break.

I snuck a sideways glance at him as we sat on the couch, keeping a gap between us as we watched TV at Harry’s place.

He didn’t complain when we sat down away from each other, so I assumed I’d done the right thing.

“Do you want something to drink?” I asked him, getting up from Harry’s couch during an ad break of a show we were watching on MTV.

“Yes please.” Harry smiled, being overly polite. “Just water’s fine.”

“Okay.” I smiled and awkwardly before darting out of the room, trying to hide my embarrassed face. “I’ll be back.”

What the actual fuck was wrong with me? I sounded like some kind of servant, asking what my master wanted.

I was so awkward, it hurt me.

We were walking on eggshells around each other, and it was almost painful. Neither of us knew what to do.

So when I went into the kitchen, I let out a groan and put my head in my hands, resting my elbows on the bench.

I took a deep breath and looked up at the ceiling before going over to the fridge and grabbing the water to pour two glasses.

Then, I plastered on a fake smile before going back into Harry’s lounge room.

“Here you go.” I chirped, placing down the drink and sitting back on the couch.

I decided to sit on my side of the couch again, not wanting to smother Harry and piss him off as I kept my distance.

Harry didn’t answer, so my smile began to fade, realising that he obviously wanted me to stay away.

“What’s going on Louis?” He asked all of a sudden, turning to me with a sad expression. “What are we doing?”

“What do you mean?” I asked, my fake smile immediately reappearing as my voice rose.

“This,” Harry motioned to the gap between us. “What’s happening to us?”

“N-Nothing.” I shook my head and smiled even more.

“Louis.” Harry sounded unconvinced. “I don’t want you to distance yourself from me.”

“I-I,” I stuttered. “I, I just… I don’t want to mess it all up.” I whispered.

He didn’t answer, and I felt my heart stop. Maybe I should’ve kept my mouth shut, now he hates me.

I waited, still looking down, for him to answer, but he never did and I wanted to cry.