Chapter 55

[ VOTE / COMMENT ]

.

.

Harry’s POV

“Do we have to go?” Louis complained.

I laughed as I looked at him through my mirror, seeing lying on his back on my bed like a starfish, clearly bored.

“Yes.” I answered with a grin as I pulled a sweater over my head. “I haven’t seen these guys in ages!”

“Harry, you saw Ash yesterday and the rest of them the day before when we were at the beach.” Louis stated, sitting up halfway on his elbows and cocking an eyebrow at me.

“Yeah, but I barely got to speak with them.” I pressed. “And I like hanging out with them! Except Luke, maybe.”

My smile fell a little at the mention of him. I was still mad that he’d led me on like that. I really liked him, so much that it could nearly have been love. He was my first relationship since Andy had broken me, and Luke decided to shatter me further.

Breaking up with me through a note and then ignoring all my calls and avoiding me was heartbreaking. I could have loved him, and he fucked me over.

“Oh?” Louis asked, sounding a little nervous. “W-Was it a bad, uh, breakup then?”

I wonder why he was so stuttery and anxious talking about Luke?

I turned around to face him, seeing him sitting up fully now and looking down, his eyes darting around.

“Yeah,” I admitted, sitting on the end of the bed. I felt it move as he shuffled up to sit behind me, his head on my shoulder and his hands on my back. “It was really really hard. He was my first, well, my first love since Andy and he just left a note and left.”

At first, Louis didn’t reply, we just sat in silence with him holding onto my back.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered eventually.

I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around. His hands fell off my shoulders and I saw him looking down to his lap, nervously playing with his fingers.

“Why, silly?” I asked with a chuckle, putting a finger under his chin and resting my other hand on his knee as he sat cross-legged.

He looked so upset and he had no reason to be. It wasn’t his fault.

“Don’t cry.” I told him with a smile when he sniffled.

“I-I,” He bit his bottom lip. “It just s-sounds like he meant a-a lot to you, and y-you must have been devastated when he l-left you.”

Oh, he was emotional because of what I’d been through.

“Louis,” I told him in a soft voice, running a thumb over his cheekbone. “He was once my everything, and he broke my heart.”

His breath hitched.

“But now,” I continued. “I have the most incredible boyfriend in the whole world.” He giggled. “And he’s my everything. More than anyone has ever been before.”

He looked up from his lap, his gorgeous blue eyes meeting mine, with a smile. He didn’t say anything, he just smiled.

So I leaned forward and slowly connected our lips as our eyes fluttered closed.

It was so sweet, he cared so much for my feelings that he was upset for me.

I felt him cup my face and kiss back, softly and sweetly and it made my heart pound. He meant so much to me, words couldn’t properly describe it.