Chapter 45

here we go...

.

.

.

Harry’s POV

“Um, and I was wondering, if, uh, if I could- maybe, um, do it again?” I asked with a sheepish grin. I didn’t know why I asked, I just felt like I should make sure it was what he wanted before I just crashed my lips onto his.

When he nodded and smiled, I closed my eyes and gripped the back of his neck, gently allowing myself what I’d wanted for so long.

It was slow and soft and perfect, just like I wanted. He always seemed so angry all the time and all I wanted was to show him some happiness, to show him that someone cared about him.

I pulled back with a grin, just looking back at his pink lips made we want to kiss him again. So I did, I quickly gave him another peck before standing up straight and turning back around to the pot.

My face was flushed, blushing like mad as I looked down at the sauce. “I probably shouldn’t burn dinner.” I laughed, trying to break the ice after we were both left breathless.

“Yeah,” He replied happily, I could hear it in his voice. “I’m hungry.”

I laughed a little at that and continued to add things to the pot as the pasta cooked in the pot next to it.

I put the lid on the saucepan and set the timer so I could leave it to cook before turning around and leaning my back against the counter as he smiled back at me.

It was the most cheerful I had seen him as he sat there, swinging is legs and grinning at me as he bit his lip.

“Hi,” He chimed, unable to stop smiling.

“Hey.” I replied with a laugh before quickly stirring the pasta.

“You can, um, go turn the TV on if you want.” I offered, the stupid grin still on my face. “Watching me cook must be kinda boring.”

I turned back around to see him still smiling. “This view is fine.” He replied, making me blush harder.

“Well, uh,” I mumbled, leaving the food to cook as I went to the glass cupboard. “Do you want a drink? I was going to open a bottle of wine…”

“Sure,” He nodded as I pulled out two glasses and a bottle of red, pouring us a glass each.

“Cheers,” He smiled, clinking our drinks together before taking a sip, looking at me over the rim of the glass at me.

“Um, dinner will be another, maybe 2 minutes so,” I said. “We can go to the next room, if you like?”

“Okay,” he answered, getting off the stool and following me into the lounge room.

I sat down and he sat next to me, both of us turned sideways so we could face each other as I turned on the TV so it could play in the background.

Louis smiled at me and I smiled back, neither of us knowing what to say, but both of us really, really happy.

I turned to attention back to the news that was playing and watched it for a bit, occasionally sipping on my wine.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Louis watching me thoughtfully. I turned to look at him, silently asking what he wanted.

“Um,” Louis began. “I, uh, I guess I just wanted to, uh-”

He cut himself off as the beeper on the stove started going off, meaning dinner was ready.