Chapter 34

UPDATES ALL ROUND MY LOVELIES <3

THERE MAY OR MAY NOT BE ANOTHER ONE TONIGHT... :)

.

.

.

Harry’s POV

“Took your time!” Liam shouted, sticking his head out the window as I jogged across the parking lot to his car.

“Sorry,” I laughed. “Got caught up… with… things.” I finished awkwardly as he gave me a funny look before returning his gaze to the road.

“Things?” He asked.

“Uh, y-yeah.” I stammered. “Things... Don’t worry ‘bout it.” I finished with a laugh, trying to make myself look less weird.

He was silent for a moment, making me think that he had bought it and wasn’t going to pry, but I was wrong.

“Was it Louis? Did he stop you or something? Was he horrible again?” Liam questioned worriedly and I sighed.

“N-No.” I stammered again and it came out sounding a bit like a question.

“Harry, what did he do?” He pressed.

“Nothing.” I replied.

“I swear to God…” Liam shook his head. “Why can’t he just leave you alone? He’s such a dick to you!”

“No, it’s not like that-” I tried to correct him but he wouldn’t have it.

“I don’t understand why he had to become this way…” He said to himself, but I heard it.

“What?”

“Louis… He’s just, well… He wasn’t always like that… He- never mind.” Liam finished awkwardly. “But that doesn’t give him the right to treat you like this!” He nearly shouted.

I was intrigued by what he said, but I didn’t want to push it. Liam was clearly getting worked up and I felt like it was Louis’ story to tell, if he decided to tell it.

He looked at me in bewilderment.

“Why doesn’t it bother you more?” He asked.

“I don’t know… I guess it just doesn’t. We all have our ways of dealing with things.” I answered as I shrugged and he turned a corner viciously.

“Woah,” I chuckled as he muttered an apology for his driving and pulled into a spot outside the café.

“I just don’t understand how you can put up with it.” He continued, getting out of the car.

I did the same and joined him on the footpath as we walked over to an outside table and sat down.

“I…” I began. “I don’t- I mean- it used to upset me. But I don’t really… know? I don’t care anymore.” I explained as I sunk down in my seat and leant back to catch the sun on my face.

“So he doesn’t bother you?” He asked.

“No, he doesn’t.” I said a little defensively.

“Right.” He replied sarcastically,

“I don’t care.” I continued.

“Alright.” Liam shrugged, obviously unconvinced. “Well, I think you do.”

“I don’t.” I answered, my voice wavering a little making him raise an eyebrow in disbelief.

“You get very quiet around him whenever he talks.” He stated.