Chapter 49

y'all should go check out some of my other fics...  ;) 

.

.

.

Louis POV

With all the time I was spending with Harry, I realised I hadn't hung out with Niall in a while, so during a lunch break one day at work, we decided to go out to lunch.

Usually, I would go with Harry and sometimes Liam and Charl would join us, but today, Charl had stolen him, claiming they needed 'girl time'.

Of course Harry would need girl time.

"So tell me, what's happening in the world of Louis Tomlinson?" Niall asked as we sat down at the table.

I laughed and shook my head at him. "Not much really," I answered.

"Well, you broke up with El, yeah?" Niall asked. "Cause she's been bitching about that like no tomorrow."

I grimaced at the thought. "Yeah, I did." I replied.

"Why?" He asked.

"You know why." I answered with a laugh. "I never even liked her to begin with. I was just sick of pretending."

"Good," Niall nodded. "I'm glad you're still doing that."

"Huh?" I asked.

"That whole 'being a better person' thing." He explained. "It's going to be good for you, Harry too."

"Harry?" I asked.

"Yeah," He answered just as the waitress brought our food out. We waited in silence as she placed down the plates with a grin, elated that she was serving two movie stars, though she should probably be used to it by now considering we always come here. Once she was done, the conversation continued.

"What's this got to do with Harry?" I asked.

"He idolises you and, I dunno, its good for him to be around a brighter, bubblier version of you than the guy who put him through hell a few months ago." Niall said before taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Yeah..." I said to myself as I thought about it. Niall was probably right, I was an ass to him. I frowned at the memory. I couldn't believe I had done that. If someone had told me 6 months ago that I would be feeling the way I did now about him, I probably would have punched them square in the face.

"So what's the deal with you and Harry anyways?" Niall asked once the waitress had left.

"What?" I asked, nearly choking on my food as I turned red. I didn't think anyone knew about Harry and I, and having someone question it caught me off guard.

"You and Harry." Niall stated. "You've been spending an awful lot of time together lately."

I gulped and tried my hardest to get rid of the blush, I didn't want to give anything away.

"Uh, I guess." I tried to seem casual about it. "We're friends."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I hear ya buddy, loud and clear." Niall exclaimed through a mouthful of food and I rolled my eyes. "Friends" He said sarcastically.

"Niall," I said warningly. "We don't have to tell you about our personal life."

"Ooooo," He teased. "Our personal life is it? Like, you share a personal life?"

Shit. I didn't mean for it to come out like that.

"I-I, uh,"

"I just don't understand." Niall thankfully interrupted me.