Chapter 70

Harry’s POV

A few days later, I still hadn’t seen Louis since our ‘vacation’ in his apartment. He was so busy with promotional stuff for the movie, that we hadn’t had time to see each other.

But finally, he found a spare moment.

Louis was coming over to my apartment after he’d finished an interview and I couldn’t wait to see him. Only a couple days had passed but it felt like forever.

“Baby?”

I heard him call as he entered the apartment, and I found myself thankful that I’d kicked the other Will and Jack out for the night because there was no doubt they would have had something to say about Louis’ pet name for me.

“Boo!” I answered, calling out from the kitchen. “I’m in here!”

“Where is ‘here’?” I heard Louis laugh as he made his way down the hallway.

But before I could reply, he appeared in the doorway, a smile growing across his face as he saw me.

I was just putting the finishing touches on a romantic surprise I had set up for us. The table had candles and rose petals on it, I used our best china set and had wine in a bucket. It was all very sappy, but I wanted to do it for my Louis.

“Haz…” He breathed, looking at it all. I was just taking dinner out of the oven and put it on the table when our eyes met.

“Hey.” I smiled and he shook his head at me as he grinned back.

“What is all this?” He asked and I shrugged.

“I wanted to do something nice for you.” I answered and he covered his mouth with his hand as he bit his lip.

“Harry…” He seemed to be at a loss for words. “What even- Thank you, so much.”

I stepped in front of the bench so I was in the open and put my arms out. And he ran straight into them engulfing me in a hug.

“I missed you.” He whispered against my chest. When he looked up into my eyes, I kissed him softly.

“I missed you too.” I answered. “Now c’mon, I made dinner.”

Louis nodded and went to sit as his side of the table. I really hoped he liked what I’d done.

I pulled his chair out for him and helped him in before I went back to the bench and served the food.

Once it was done, we sat down and ate.

“This is seriously incredible, thank you Harry.” Louis said and I blushed.

“Don’t mention it.” I mumbled and he squeezed my thigh under the table.

“Seriously,” He looked me in the eye. “Thank you, for everything. I feel so lucky.”

I just smiled back at him and reached out to hold his hand across the table.

“So how was work?” I asked him. “Good interview?”

“Yeah,” Louis answered. “I had to kiss El though.” He made a face at that, but I quickly retracted my hand.

“What?” My smile fell as I leaned back.

“No,” Louis shook his head, leaning forward and reaching out to me. “Like, a peck. For the cameras. My agent said-”

“Okay.” I cut him off. I didn’t want to hear him speak about it anymore. I picked up my knife and fork and kept eating.