Chapter 62

bit of family, bit of panic, bit of tears

.

.

.

Harry’s POV

When Louis got up to go to the bathroom, his phone started to ring.

It was sitting on the coffee table, so I looked across to see the caller ID.

It wasn’t a number he had saved in his phone, so I wondered who it was. Then, I thought that it could be someone important, like an agent called for a part or something, so I thought I’d better answer it, not wanting him to miss out on an opportunity.

“Hello?” I answered, pressing the phone to my ear. There was silence on the other end for a minute, I could only hear breathing.

“D-Dan?” A woman breathed down the phone, and I frowned.

“No? This isn’t Dan.” I replied, though I had no idea who ‘Dan’ was. “My name’s Harry. I’m Louis’ boyfriend.”

“Oh!” The lady sounded happy. “He has a boyfriend?”

“Yeah!” I laughed back.

“Well, Harry.” The lady continued. “I’m Louis’ mom.”

“Oh yeah?” I asked her. Louis had never spoken about his family before, but she seemed really nice.

“Yeah,” She answered. “I was just calling to ask if Louis wanted to come to his sister’s 18th birthday dinner. I know it would mean a lot to her if he could make it. You’re welcome to come too!”

“That’s great!” I exclaimed. “I’ll let him know.”

“Great.” She laughed. “I look forward to meeting you, Harry. I hope you two can make it.”

“Yeah, I look forward to meeting you too.” I chirped, smiling away.

That was when I saw Louis standing in the door way. At that moment, his facial expression didn’t register in my mind. I was just happy that I would get to meet his family.

“Okay,” She replied as I turned around again. “It’s next Saturday night, just home, Louis knows where it is.”

“Yep, yeah.” I nodded along. “Okay.”

She let out a long sigh. “I really hope you can make it.” She said, sounding sad and really hopeful. “It would be great to see him again.”

“I’ll let him know.” I told her, feeling a little sorry for her because of the way she sounded. It was almost like she hadn’t seen him in years. “It was lovely talking to you.”

My eye caught Louis’ again, and I realised that he was very uncomfortable.

His eyes were wide and he was shaking his head. Obviously something was wrong, so my smile dropped and I wrapped up the conversation.

“I have to go.” I told her.

“Okay, well, remember, next Saturday!” She called out just as I cut her off.

“Yeah, we’ll see you then Mrs Tomlinson.” I told her, and Louis’ face dropped.

He became completely emotionless as he stared at me, frozen in place as his face paled.

“Bye.” I told her and hung up, putting the phone back on the coffee table.

“Louis-” I stepped towards him, arms open as I went to comfort him.