Chapter 53

I'm sorry I took so long to update this, shits been hectic lately, but I'll try harder to get more updates in.

also, thank you guys so much for 70K reads and 3K votes! I remember when this had like, 2 votes on each chapter aha !

enjoy! x

.

.

.

Harry’s POV

I was so happy to see my friends at the beach, it had been so long since I’d seen them. Besides Luke. I really didn’t want to see him, but I just ignored him and it was fine.

I’m not really one for confrontations, so as long as we stayed out of each other’s way, it was fine.

But my happiness was cut short when Louis got really quiet in the car ride home.

Something had upset him when we were talking to the guys and he didn’t want to tell me.

I wasn’t mad, I was just a little hurt that he didn’t want to share it with me, I only wanted to help him.

“Lou?” I tried one more time as I pulled the car up to my apartment building.

“Yeah?” He asked, turning to me with a blank expression.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” I asked him sincerely.

“Yeah.” He answered shortly. “Fine.”

“Louis,” I said, turning the car off before I turned to him. “You need to talk to me, I want to help. I don’t like seeing you like this.”

Louis put his head in his hands and ran them over his face as he let out a long breath.

“Okay,” He said eventually. “Can we do this inside?”

.

Once we were in the door, Louis turned to me with a pained expression. I shut the door behind me and turned around to see him quite clearly upset.

“I-I’m sorry.” He stuttered, clearly trying to hold back tears.

“Oh, no, Lou.” I cooed, pulling him in for a hug. “Please don’t cry, it’ll be alright.”

He nodded against my chest as he hugged me back, kicking off my shoes as he did the same.

Once they were off, I pulled away from him and took his hand, leading him down the hallway to the lounge room where we could sit more comfortably on the couch.

“Now tell me what’s up.” I said in a soft voice once we were sitting and facing each other.

“It’s d-dumb.” He answered quietly.

“Nothings dumb.” I replied, putting a finger under his chin so he would look up at me. “You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to, but you should know that I’m here for you. I think the world of you, Louis, and nothing you could ever say or do would make me change my mind.”

He looked up at me with a thoughtful expression, like he was trying to decide something.

“I was jealous.” He whispered.

“W-What?” I asked, incredulously. “Of the boys? Oh Louis, you shouldn’t be.”

“I know,” He replied, still whispering. “But I guess I was just used to having all your attention and then when you saw them-I don’t know- I guess I just felt like, well, you didn’t pay me any mind, like, you saw them and forgot about me.”