Chapter 69

Harry’s POV

The following morning, I woke up with Louis still sleeping soundly in my arms.

I yawned and stretched one arm up as I moved a little, making sure to keep Louis securely in my grasp.

He made a small noise that made my heart melt as he snuggled further into my chest, his head against my heart. I stopped moving so he could settle again before I brought my hand up and brushed his cheek.

I smiled, before I realised there were tear marks down is cheeks and his lips were trembling. His eyebrows were slightly furrowed as he slept too, which made me worried.

I frowned and stroked a thumb over his cheekbone, erasing the tear-track as I pressed a feathery kiss to his forehead.

He grumbled a little and pressed his face back into me, grasping my t-shirt in his tiny fists before slowly opening his eyes.

His bright blue orbs met mine and he blinked a few times, rubbing his eyes.

“H-Hey.” He whispered, looking up at me.

“Good morning, beautiful.” I answered with a smile, pressing another kiss to his cheek as he sighed and smiled back. “Sleep well?”

“Hmm.” He hummed in agreement as he reached up to my face and wrapped his arms around my neck.

“Thank you.” He whispered, holding me tight. “I really don’t know what I would do without you.”

“And you’ll never have to know.” I answered, resting our foreheads together as I smiled at him. “I meant what I said last night, Lou. I’m not leaving.”

He was silent for a minute, pulling me close for another hug, even tighter than before. Like he was trying to reassure himself that I was real.

“Thank you.” He sniffled, obviously trying not to cry.

I didn’t say anything, not wanting to ruin the moment as we simply held each other, still lying on the couch.

He pulled back and smiled at me, resting his head on my shoulder as he looked into my eyes.

And for the first time, I realised that he was relaxed. He seemed like something had been let off his shoulders and he could finally for the first time, be himself without having to think about the ‘character’ he’d pretended to be ever since he lost Dan.

I never understood what had made him the way that he was, but after last night, I did. I completely understood why he did what he did and I was going to fully support him in getting back to the person he wanted to be.

“Do you want to eat something and watch a movie?” I asked him and he grinned, nodding as he started to get up.

He took my hand and pulled me up along with him so we were face to face, our noses almost touching.

Then, he grabbed my face and pulled his lips down to mine, kissing me sweetly. I wrapped my arms around his waist and kissed him back, trying to show him all the love in the world.

“Thank you,” He whispered and I nodded. “I mean it.”

“C’mon.” I told him, taking his hand as we went to the kitchen. “Let’s get something to eat.”

.

And the next few days continued like that.

Louis and I were holed up in Louis’ apartment for days straight, too wrapped up in each other to even bother communicating with the outside world.