𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖

First person pov

My eyes flickered open as I felt the sunlight coming from the windows hitting my face. As soon as I realized I was awake, I wanted to go back to sleep again. Having to face another day of the same annoying routine I've had for the past few months made me want to have Five's powers just so I could go back to that day at the alley and avoid ending up here.

I felt especially tired that morning, since I practically got no sleep. My mind kept going back to the moment I met Five again. I promised I would see him again, but I had no idea of how I would do that.

Brushing the thoughts away, since I really didn't want to star my day getting stressed, I got up from my bed, leaving the warmth of my blueish floral patterned sheets.

I looked at myself in the mirror that sat right in front of my bed. I had deep eyebags that showed my exhaustion, that I would have to hide with makeup if I didn't want any questions from Reginald and Grace.

I walked to the white wooden closet on the corner of the bedroom, and opened it to see it filled with "cliche rich girl from the 60's" dresses. I only wore those to parties, but still, they were all extremely uncomfortable, especially the heels, even if they weren't that tall, but I couldn't do much about it. I had to keep my appearance impeccable at the galas, since I was the "adoptive daughter" of Sir Reginald. Again. The way that happened was quite strange, considering the fact that I'm pretty sure Reginald didn't like children. Never did.

Flashback

My body jumped in fear as I recovered my senses, feeling an unusual warmth involving my body. My eyes didn't recognize the place I was, and even though it looked like a welcoming girly bedroom, I didn't trust anything on it. I stood up, feeling fabric falling down to my legs, and looked down to see a soft blue nightgown. Everything made me feel like I was in some kind of fairytale, and it made my stomach sick.

I walked, not so say ran out of that room, and was met with a long hallway. Somehow, the structure seemed really familiar to me, but the patterns on the walls and floor I knew I had never seen before. I ran until I found a staircase, that I didn't even bother to pay attention to it's design, as I ran down it, seeing a big door that looked like it could be the exit of that place.

As I ran again to reach it, I was stopped by a hand on my shoulder, gripping me firmly, but with kindness. I turned to see a blonde woman with her hair perfectly in place, even though it was just a casual half tied look. She wore a soft orange cardigan that tucked into her dark green pants, and black short heels. I knew who that woman was.

Grace. But her hand was so much warmer than usual. The blush on her cheeks didn't seem so artificial, and the shine of her eyes reflected light so naturally...She was not a robot anymore. Or not yet.

_"Sweetie? You're finally awake...No need to be scared, little one."-She said with a soft voice, leaning down to look at my face.

_"Where...where am I?"-I whispered, my voice not sounding so good as I had just woke up.

_"You're in my house. The Hargreeves mansion. I know you probably feel very confused and scared, but I took you here with the only purpose of helping you."-I felt myself getting dizzy at all the information. Hargreeves? So I was at the academy? But from when? Because surely, I wasn't in 2019 anymore.

_"I-I'm sorry miss, but could you tell me what date it is?"-I looked up at her. She furrowed her brows, and put a hand on my forehead.

_"It is April 27, little one."-She said, still checking my temperature, apparently.

_"Okay...from what year, may I ask?"

_"Well, 1963, of course."-And that was when I felt the color drain off my face. I stumbled backwards, feeling my stomach sink, but "human Grace" held my shoulders, keeping me up.