𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟕

After just a few more seconds, "Ben" and I went our separate ways, both leaving the backyard like nothing had happened, and we'd stay pretending like it didn't. But I didn't have much time to think about anything, really, because as soon as I stepped inside the house again, Five, Luther and Allison suddenly appeared, running in my direction. Especifically, running away from the woman with sunglasses that was chasing them. She actually didn't seem like that big of a threat. Yet.

_"Y/n! Where the hell were you?!"-Five shouted at me, soon grabbing my hand so I could start running with them. I did, even if I had no idea of why we were doing it.

_"Figuring something out. You guys look like shit, what the hell happened?!"-I asked when I noticed the amount of blood and injuries all of them had. I guess I was wrong to assume they could handle themselves.

_"What does it look like?! Those guys are psychos!"-Luther was the one to answer this time, and before I could contest that statement, the three of us heard a noise behind us, so, of course, we looked back to check what the hell it was. And I wasn't expecting to see a concerning amount of crows coming out of the woman's back, out of absolute nowhere. I was now questioning if maybe that family was weirder than mine.

_"Seriously?!"

_"Move, move, move, move!"-We started running even faster, now that the crows were much closer to catch up to us. I then realized I still wore those damn heels, and yeah, I fought Lila and ran around a mile with them just a few hours earlier, but the blister pain was just starting to kick in.

As we were running, I was suddenly forced to stop and almost tripped, because Five froze on the spot, like he had remembered something. I looked at him wide-eyed and was about to scream at him, when he finally explained himself.

_"The briefcase!"

_"What?"

_"Yeah, what– Oh fuck."-Was all I could spit out before Five did his thing and space jumped us both out of there, back to the entrance hall where we had first arrived. I looked around, just to make sure there wasn't anyone else there to attack us, and, thankfully, there weren't.

_"Where's the briefcase?"-Five whispered to himself, looking at the center table, that was empty, except for the weird statue it always had.

_"Shit, it's gone!"

_"Maybe they took it?"

_"Wouldn't doubt that, but-"-Five was interrupted when we both heard the noise of painful groaning coming from the living room. I turned to look, and found Vanya, laying on the ground on top of what was left of the coffee table, looking pretty hurt. I was about to run to her, when Five stopped me, making me realize that she wasn't the only one there. The Sparrows were surrounding her, ready to attack, or finish her off.

_"Vanya, get out of there!"-He shouted, hoping our sister could maybe hear us despite not being in the best state. I was fighting the urge to get free from Five's grip and run to her again, but then, I saw that blue light. And I then realized, someone who ended the world twice didn't really need my help to beat just half a dozen guys, so...

Five acted just as quickly as before, and spatial jumped us out of there as soon as he could. We ended up outside the house this time, far away that whatever it is that Vanya did inside, we wouldn't be affected by it in a way that matters.

_"...I guess we don't really have a home anymore."-I said, after catching my breath from the running earlier. Five looked at me seriously, up and down, looking for new injuries, probably.

_"Are you hurt? You don't seem to be, which is making me a tad bit confused right now."-He spoke, getting closer and moving my hair out of the way so he could take a look at my neck. No signs of recent choking either, of course.