𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟔

On the 12th hour of the first day of October 1989, 16 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began. Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children as possible.

He got eight of them.

And now, on April 2nd, 2019, the proof of the existence of multiverses was happening right before the Hargreeve's kids eyes. But, well, they didn't know that yet.

First person pov/ Y/N.

_"Dad, who the hell are these assholes?"- A new voice was heard in the room, and we lowered our gazes to right in front of us.

My heart completely stopped as I recognized the man that stood just a few feet from us. He had a completely different look to him, but I knew and remembered that face from miles away. It was Ben. And he didn't know who we were.

_"Shit."- My siblings, Five, and I, said in unison. Obviously, we had already noticed we fucked up. But, instead of being worried about the situation, I was more in shock from being in the presence of my childhood best friend. Who had died. Years ago. Right in front of me. I hadn't even recovered from that trauma, and now I'm literally facing it? My future therapist is gonna get rich just out of me.

_"...Y/n?"

...That was definitely not what I was expecting to hear at that time. Well, maybe, if it was one of my siblings or Five who had said it. Maybe even Reginald, he already knew me after all, according to what I assumed was happening. But, no. My name came out of Ben's mouth. In a weird tone, almost like he was also in shock. Maybe even the same shock I felt.

_"Ben."-Klaus was the first one to audibly knowledge our brother. Was he even still our brother? The only one he kept looking at was me. He had no memory of the others, apparently, so why me? What did we do to the timeline?

_"Is that really you?"-Luther was next to speak. He took a few steps forward, just to speak more directly to Ben. No response, though.

_"And who are the weirdos on the balcony?!"-Diego shouted, with more aggression than needed. Klaus even flinched at his loud voice.

_"They are the 'Sparrows'. My children."-Reginald answered, and I finally decided to take a better look at the group of people standing in the balcony, just above Ben. They were just as confused as we were, but a different type of confusion, probably. And then, their eyes laid on me as well. And their expressions switched so quickly. They had the same one as Ben's.

_"Five..."-I called for the boy by my side. I had a weird feeling something was terribly wrong, and it had something to do with me. But I literally had just arrived. What possibly could I have done for them to look at me like I was a ghost?

_"I'm sorry. What do you mean, your children? That's not possible, old man."-Five only gave me a comforting squeeze on my hand, just to turn around and face our father, who was still standing behind us. Was he still our father? My father?

_"Of course it is! I think I'd know, wouldn't I?"-I was about to also question Reginald, when, suddenly, I felt something, or someone, holding me. Hugging me. And pretty tightly too. I froze on the spot.

_"Are you real?"-Ben spoke. He was the one holding me like a kid holding his long lost favorite toy. His voice was unstable. He completely lost that tough look he had not even a minute ago.

_"Is that really Y/n?"-I heard new voices coming from behind him. I tried to look over his shoulder, but only got a glimpse of burgundy red academy uniforms. The people that were on the balcony. The so-called "Sparrows".