𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟖

First person pov

Five and I left Elliot's bedroom, and I saw the anxiety creeping up on the boy again. I knew he would only fully calm down and stay like that when we got home, on our timeline, so I didn't say anything, just squeezed his hand lightly.

_"Five?"-I heard Luther saying, remembering he was also there. I felt kind a bad about us just locking him out of the room without even saying anything and ignoring him for the time we were there, but it was for the best, probably.

Five pulled me to the kitchen of the apartment, and let go of my hand to open the fridge. He quickly grabbed a bottle of water and started chugging the liquid down his throat, making me furrow my brows. I wondered if that had anything to do with the plan, cause he was acting quite weirdly.

_"Five, what...You okay? Y/n, is he okay?"-Luther looked at Five and then at me as he appeared through the kitchen's door frame. I only shrugged at his question, not really knowing the answer anymore either. We both watched as Five took the bottle out of his mouth, gasping heavily.

_"I'm gonna need to be hydrated."-He said, still gasping, while putting the empty bottle on the fridge again.

_"Hydrated?"-I followed the boy with my eyed as he walked to the small dining table just by the fridge's side, and grabbed a bottle of...baby powder, it seemed. He simply started putting the powder on his armpits, through his dress shirt sleeves.

_"What's with the baby powder?"-Luther asked what we both wondered, while I looked at the boy weirdly. Did he actually finally lose it?

_"It'll help with the itching."

_"What itching? There's itching? What the hell is going on here?"-Five started putting the powder down his shorts as well, and I immediately turned around, not wanting to face the scene. Why the hell did I feel so embarrassed to see that?

_"...You do have a plan."-Luther figured it out. I had no idea how he came to that conclusion after watching whatever Five was doing, but he was right, somehow.

_"Well, it's a desperation move, but...since our brain-dead siblings are incapable of meeting a simple deadline, I got no choice."-Five said while grabbing his blazer once again, and walking to the living room of the place. Me and Luther followed him, stopping by the door frame side by side.

_"No choice about what?"

_"I have to find myself."

_"...That's quite poetic."-I whispered, not understanding yet what the boy meant.

_"I just arrived in Dallas 15 minutes ago."-After he said that, somehow, a memory came back to my mind. It had been months ago to me, but I still recalled what Five said about how he came back from the future.

_"Should I be worried about you?"-Luther asked, not following the information. I sighed, but couldn't really blame him.

_"Luther, if you recall, I was sent to 1963 on a job by the Commission to make sure the president was assassinated."-Five started stretching himself after he put his blazer on. I watched him in slight amazement, while still listening to his explanation.

_"Oh! So, wait, your old self is out there."-Oh. How exciting.

_"Precisely."

_"What? Just walking around Dallas?"

_"Walking around Dallas with a briefcase that can get us home."

_"Oh, my god. Five, You're a genius."-Luther exclaimed, impressed with Five's plan. I chuckled quietly at his reaction, and looked back at the boy.