𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗

Five's pov

_"So what, you just let her go?"-Diego asked me as I paced around Elliot's living room. I had arrived a few minutes earlier, and told him about what happened and why I came back with empty hands.

_"Well, Vanya had a lot to process. She'll come around. I know she will."-I looked at the paper I held on my hand. It was the invitation I had found back at dad's company.

_"What about the guys that went after her?"

_"The swedes?"

_"Yeah, I mean, how do you know they won't go after her again?"

_"We don't."-I said, sighing. I could only trust Vanya could handle herself alone for a while.

_"Hm, any idea who sent them?"-Lila asked, taking a sip of her cup of coffee.

_"Oh, I have my suspicions. But right now, our priority is finding dad, and Y/n, and getting answers, cause everything else depends on it."-I got a cup of coffee for myself. I've been drinking it more than usual, but who can blame me?

_"Which for the record, I found him already."

_"And then let him go before we could have a meaningful conversation."

_"Let me remind you that you let Y/n go with him, too. And he stabbed me."

_"It's different. In fact, I'm surprised he waited this long, Diego. We've all had the urge."-Lila and Elliot chuckled at my response, and she raised her hand at me.

_"Good one."-I just ignored her, her over-friendly behavior was extremely suspicious.

_"Good thing I know where dad's gonna be tonight."-I offered Diego the invitation paper, and he harshly took it from me, reading it."

_"Where's you get this?"

_"Found it at his office while he was busy stabbing you."-Diego chuckled sarcastically at me, and his attention went back to the paper.

_"'Hoyt Hillenkoetter and the consulate General of Mexico in Dallas cordially invite you to a gala.'"-He read out loud, while I glanced at Elliot to see a confused expression upon his face.

_"Whoa, wait. Hoyt Hillenkoetter? Are you serious?"

_"You know him?"-I asked, raising a brow.

_"We should go. Says there's gonna be a seafood tower."-I heard Lila commenting with Diego, even though that was not important to me.

_"No, Hillenkoetter is...is one of the Majestic Twelve."

_"The hell is the Majestic Twelve?"

_"What? It's a...a secret committee. Uh, scientists, military, uh, deep state. No one knows what they really do."-Elliot walked to his desk while explaining.

_"Wait, so they're government?"-Diego adjusted himself on the couch, grunting a bit in the process.

_"Shadow government. Yeah, Kennedy was the first president to try to push'em into the light, but these guys are not to be trifled with. Oh...Oh, here we go. Ah, right here."-Elliot came to us, holding a photo that he put in front of me.

_"This, uh...Oh, right here. That's Hoyt right there."-He pointed to one of the many men the picture showed. Many men, but only 11.

_"I only count 11."-Lila pointed it out before I could.

_"Well, that's because they've only identified 11 so far."

_"Who's the twelfth?"-Me and Diego exchanged looks, as we already knew the possible answer to his own question. Diego could be actually right about dad's involvement with the government. And I was afraid that meant Y/n was in a complicated situation. Much more complicated than I thought.