Chapter 61: Edolas

Natsu: Edolas...?

Carla: Yes, Edolas... A different world than this one. Over there, the world has begun to lose its magic.

Wendy: Losing magic?

Natsu: Say what?

Happy: What's that mean?

Carla: Unlike this world, in Edolas, magic is limited. If people use too much of it, it'll eventually vanish from the world. 

Natsu: ...

Wendy: ...

Happy: ...

Carla: When resources began to dry up, Edolas's king made a decision to save their magic... He invented a magic spell that would absorb magic from another world, namely this one. Yes... It's the Hyperspace Magic, Anima. It's what the hole in the sky was.

Wendy: That's... Anima?

Wendy recalled Mystogan mentioning it back when they traveled together.

Carla: The plan started 6 years ago, and Anima were opened at various places around this world, but it didn't produced the results they expected

Carla: The plan started 6 years ago, and Anima were opened at various places around this world, but it didn't produced the results they expected. Someone was going around and closing the Anima...

Wendy: ...

Carla: (When I heard the story from Wendy about Jellal, I mean Mystogan, I didn't think it was possible, but... I'm sure of it now, it was him.) But the Anima this time was simply too large for anyone to defend against it, and the guild was absorbed.

Natsu: Why did they suck up Fairy Tail?

Carla: Didn't I tell you? This is all for Edolas's magical power.

Wendy: There are tons of powerful wizards at Fairy Tail! Is that why it was targeted?

Carla: Yes.

Natsu: Man, how selfish can you get?

Natsu angrily looks up at the sky.

Natsu: Give everyone back, you jerk!

He ceased as lightning continued to strike down.

Natsu: Damn it...!

Happy: So this... is Carla and my fault?

Carla: Indirectly, yes.

Happy: Indirectly?

Carla: We were sent to this world from the Kingdom of Edolas with a separate mission.

Happy looked shocked to hear that.

Wendy: That can't be! You were born from an egg... In this world!

Natsu: So was Happy! I found him!

Carla: True. Just so you know, I've never set foot in Edolas. Like Wendy said, I was born and raised in this world. But knowledge of Edolas and our mission was ingrained in us. We should have known it all from the moment we were born. And yet...