Chapter 95: Thunder Roar

Azuma lies on the ground defeated. Raiga and Fuuwa walk up to him.

Raiga: It's over, Azuma.

Azuma: Seems like it.

They quickly notice how the ground was seemingly eating Azuma, as sprouts were growing from his body.

Raiga: Azuma, your body!

Azuma: A side effect of the Lost Magic, you see. It seems I overused it considerably.

Raiga: Are you... dying?

Fuuwa: Every Lost Magic comes with a price. He will now live on as a part of Tenrou Island.

Raiga: Fuuwa, isn't there anything we can do?

Fuuwa returns to her cat form and shakes her head.

Fuuwa: I'm afraid not.

Azuma: I will keep my promise. Everyone's magic power will be returned to them.

Raiga: Thank you... for keeping your word.

Fuuwa: Before you die, there's something I wish to confirm. Former Councilwoman Ultear Milkovich was aiding Jellal in his plan to resurrect Zeref, but I heard she was actually a member of Grimoire.

Azuma: Jellal was supposedly possessed by the ghost of Zeref, but I believe that was all the work of Ultear.

They were surprised to hear that.

Raiga: What?

Azuma: I heard that it was an 8-year plan to have the Magic Council turn a blind eye to our actions at the time. She is a fearsome woman. Master Hades trusts her more than enyone.

Raiga: So Ultear was the one pulling the strings this whole time. She's the cause of Erza and Jellal's suffering.

Fuuwa: Why go so far? Why are you all so fixated on Zeref?

Azuma: The magic at the beginning of the world... To get closer to the One Magic... perhaps?

Raiga: The One Magic? What's that? What'd you plan to do once you reach it?

Azuma lets out a smirk.

Azuma: Jellal dreamt of Heaven. We...

Those were his last words before being turned completely into a tree.

Fuuwa: ...

Soon after, a bright glow enveloped the island as everyone's magic was restored.

Raiga: That light just now...

Fuuwa: Everyone must have their magic power back by now.

Raiga: ...

Raiga sits in front of the tree to pay his respects.

Fuuwa: Raiga...

Fuuwa looks to her left to see Raiga's jacket falling into the ground.

???: Raiga!