Chapter 86: Makarov Strikes

Fuuwa in her human form confronts Mest and demands to know his true identity.

Wendy: Hey! What are you guys doing all of a sudden?

Carla: You, stay quiet!

Fuuwa: Who are you, Mest? If that's even your real name.

Mest: W-What are you talking abou-

Fuuwa presses her sword against Mest's neck, causing it to bleed.

Fuuwa: We're the ones asking the questions here. I've figured what you're ability is.

Mest: Huh?

Fuuwa: You're magic allows you to manipulate the memories of other people. You cast a spell on everyone in Fairy Tail to make them think you're a member. However, the effect wears off once the truth comes to light. 

Raiga: When you think about it, too many things don't add up such as you being Mystogan's pupil or no one having any real impression of you besides you being in the previous year's trial. 

Fuuwa: But most importantly, you didn't knew the meaning of the signal flare. So there's no way you can talk out of this one.

Then suddenly, Raiga senses something, prompting him to take action.

Raiga: Wendy, watch out!!!

Raiga grabs Wendy and jumps to the side just as someone attacks the group. Panther Lily protects Carla and flies up, while Fuuwa jumps out of the blast zone with Mest.

Lily: (An attack!?)

Raiga: Are you okay?

Wendy: Yeah.

Lily: What's going on?

Lily flies down to them. Then more explosions occur and Raiga protects Wendy.

Mest: Who are you? Show yourself!

The group sees a figure emerging from a tree.

???: You did well seeing through me...

Wendy: There's a person coming from the tree!

Lily: Who in the world are you?

Azuma: My name is Azuma. I am one of the Grimoire Heart's Seven Kin of Purgatory.

Wendy: Grimoire Heart?

Carla: A Dark Guild,

Raiga: Aren't they from the Baram Alliance or whatever it's called?

Mest: So the signal flare before was to warn of incoming enemy attack?

Azuma: Let's just say you've realized far too late.

Lilly: What... in blazes is happening!?

Mest: I thought if I snuck onto Fairy Tail's holy ground I would find a skeleton or two in their closet... But the Black Wizard Zeref and Grimoire Heart's lady luck is with me for sure...

Raiga: Zeref!?

Carla: Who are you?

Mest lets out an evil grin.

Mest: You haven't realized, yet? I'm from the Magic Council! I infiltrated Fairy Tail to find dirty secrets to destroy you with!

Fuuwa: So you really are a spy.

Raiga: Figures.

Azuma: Well, well...

Mest: But that's come to an end. With the impossible to find Grimoire Heart coming here... *Chuckles* If I finish you off here, that promotion will be more than a dream! It looks like I was right to station warships of the Magic Council's Enforcement and Detention Corps nearby just in case. We'll round you all up! I'll crush all your devil hearts!