Chapter 31: Heaven's Game

Erza had just finish telling Team Natsu the story of her past as a slave in the tower of heaven.

Erza: I... will fight Jellal.

Gray: Wait a second, Erza. That Zeref that was in your story...

Erza: Yes, you should know about Zeref too.

Fuuwa: Zeref... Otherwise known as the most evil mage in history.

Lucy: I'm pretty sure they called that monster that came out of the Lullaby one of Zeref's demons.

Erza: That's not all. I suspect Deliora was also one of Zeref's demons.

Gray: ...!?

Juvia: And Jellal is trying to resurrect this Zeref person?

Erza: I don't understand his motive. Sho... one of my friends in the past... He said something about when the resurrection was complete, they'd become rulers over heaven...

Fuuwa: Over Heaven...?

Lucy: But what I don't understand is why your past allies turned against you.

Raiga: Yeah, from what I heard in your story, Jellal was the traitor, not you. Yet here we are.

Erza: He must have indoctrinate them somehow after I disappeared. But I left them here for 8 years. The fact is, I did betray them.

Lucy: But it was for their sake! And yet...

Erza: Enough, Lucy... If I can defeat Jellal, this will all be over.

Raiga: Will it really...?

(Flashback)

Erza: Whether I win or lose this battle, I will banish from this world...

(Flashback ends)

Raiga: (What does she even mean by "vanish?")

Suddenly, Sho walks in with a shocked expression on his face..

Sho: Nee-san... that story... What is that supposed to mean?

Erza: Sho...

Sho: You're trying to get sympathy from your pals with that tall tale. Give me a break! That's not even close to the truth! You blew our ships, and ran away by yourself! If Jellal hadn't noticed your betrayal, we would've all sunk into the sea! Jellal told us that was the fate of those who didn't learn the proper way to use magic! You were drunk from the power of magic! You tried to rid yourself of all of us and your past!

Erza: ....

Gray: Jellal told you this?

Lucy: Is that something the Erza you know would've done?

Sho: What do you know? You don't know anything about us! Only Jellal's words were able to save us. That's why we spend these past 8 years finishing this tower! For Jellal... If... it was all a lie...

Raiga: It was a lie, you just don't wanna accept it.

Sho: If you are right... and Jellal is wrong...

Fuuwa: You were all fooled.

Simon: That's right.

They look to see Simon teleporting in front of them.

Gray: It's you!

Juvia: Please wait, Gray-sama. Back then, he purposely attacked your ice-clone.

Gray: What?

Juvia: There's no way a user of darkness techniques would not be able to notice. Juvia came here to ascertain his true intentions.