Chapter 93: Tenrou Tree

Everyone was happy and relieved to see Gildarts.

Bluenote: (This guy... He's Gildarts.)

Natsu: Gildarts!

Gildarts: Get away from this place.

Natsu: Huh? What!?

They watched as Gildarts and Bluenote exerted white and black auras respectively.

Happy: I've never seen Gildarts this angry.

Carla: The tension in the air is incredible!

Gildarts: Go!

Gildarts made the first move and dashed towards Bluenote, who quickly responds by flipping the ground under Gildarts while he was standing on it, causing the ground to turn upside down in the air with Gildarts still on it.

Lucy: The ground...

Natsu: ...O-O... ...turned upside down!

Gildarts then used his Crash magic to break the ground he was on before jumping towards Bluenote, who leaped towards Gildarts and the two clashed in the air. The clash from their fists sending strong shock waves throughout the area. Everyone was sent backwards by the force.

Wendy: Incredible...

Lucy: How much magic power do the both of them have!?

Natsu face-planted into a rock and Happy fell to the ground with a rock on top of his face.

Happy: Thank you, Carla...

Carla: Huh? I didn't exactly cover for you.

Bluenote was overpowered and then sent backwards by Gildart's power, ditching his coat in the process. The both landed on the ground and started at each other once more.

Bluenote: I was pushed back? Me!?

Carla was helping Happy get the rock off his face while everyone continued to watch. Wendy picks Makarov up.

Wendy: I think we should get away from here, like he said.

Lucy: Y-Yeah... But...

Cana: ...Let's go. We would just get in Gildarts' way here.

Gildarts and Bluenote continued to face each other down.

Bluenote: This guy...

Natsu: So strong! I wanna see this fight!

Lucy was pulling on Natsu's arm. Wendy was struggling to carry Makarov on her back.

Lucy: ...> - <... We're leaving, Natsu!

Cana: (Be careful, Father.)

Happy: Cana, hurry up!

Cana started to run after everyone else as Gildarts speaks up.

Gildarts: It was a very important exam... It meant so much more to the kids than the adults knew. The determination of those kids to step out into tomorrow... You trampled all over it!

After escaping from Bluenote, Natsu's group made it to the forest where they slowed to a walk.

Natsu: Argh! I wanna see how the fight ends up!

Lucy: Right now, joining up with everyone else comes first!

Happy: Yeah...

Carla: If we go to the camp, everyone might be there. We've got to regroup and prepare, or else...

Wendy: And Mest-san... I mean Dranbalt-san will surely help us!

Carla: That guy?

Lucy: Cana, are you okay?