Chapter 63: Key of Hope

After being teleported into a desert, Team Natsu explained Edolas Fairy Tail the situation.

Edo-Droy: So, what again? You came from another world called Earthland, then...

Edo-Jet: And you came to Edolas in order to rescue your friends?

Natsu: Right.

Edo-Jet: And there's a Fairy Tail in that world, too?

Edo-Droy: And Erza's on your side there?

Carla: Basically, yes.

Happy: Aye.

Edo-Macao: That's not so easy to swallow.

Reiko: It's just as they say. I mean, does this look like the Natsu we know? 

Edo-Max: You're right. He doesn't.

Reiko: Right? The only thing they have in common is their looks.

Everyone burst into a fit of laughter and agreed with Reiko. Lisanna was away from the crowd, staring at Natsu with a concerned look on her face.

Edo-Lisanna: ....

Edo-Wendy then stood in front of Earthland Wendy and looked down at her.

Edo-Wendy: This girl is who I am in that other world?

Wendy: Hello...

Edo-Nab: You're all tiny, Wendy!

Natsu: Anyway, we'd like you to tell us how to get to the Royal City.

Everyone but Reiko gasped at Natsu's request.

Wendy: Our friends have been sucked up by this world's king. If we don't rescue them soon, everyone will be converted into magic power... They'll be gone forever!

Edo-Wendy: Sorry to tell you, li'l me, but you'd be better of stopping now.

Wendy: Huh?

Edo-Wendy: Go against Edolas's King, and you forfeit your lives. That's just how powerful the kingdom is.

Edo-Elfman: Magic power is limited in this world. It's not infinite. To put it another way, it'll be used up eventually.

Edo-Gray: Fearing that, the King of Edolas tried to monopolize all magic. Isn't that right, Juvia-chan?

Edo-Juvia: *Nods* Due to that, all Wizard Guilds were forced to disband.

Edo-Max: Everyone resisted at first.

Edo-Warren: But one after another were crushed before the might of the Royal Army's regiments.

Edo-Jet: This is the only guild that is left. And of course, we haven't been spared casualties.

Some of the Guild Members began to cry.

Edo-Warren: We've almost lost half our comrades.

Edo-Jet: The previous master, as well... Damn it all...

Reiko: After that, I took over the role of master, and I've been doing my damn hardest to keep as many of us alive as possible. And as you can see, we've got our hands full trying to keep ourselves safe. With limited magic and resources, it's not easy having the most powerful army in the world after your ass. So we heavily advice against going there.

Natsu: Please. Tell us the way.

Reiko: Did you hear a word of what I just said? Go back to Earthland while you still can.

Natsu: I will save my friends. No matter what.

Everyone was puzzled by Natsu's response.