4

TW: mentions of death

George woke up the next morning, or in the middle of the night at around 4:30am, to his phone ringing.

He squirted his eyes as he grabbed his phone, the bright light of his phone almost blinding him.

Without reading the number, since he had no contacts in his new phone except ben, he pressed the green button displayed on his screen and held the phone up to his ear.

"Hello?" George asked, his voice raspy and slightly deeper than normal.

"George?" the person on the other end asked, "Georgie, is it you?"

Their voice was full of panic and very familiar, a sniffle coming every now and then.

"Yes, it's me." George answered, "Who is it?"

"George. george, it's me, your mother." she said, sniffling once again.

Oh no.

"Mum? What's going on?" George asked hurriedly, his parents barely called him nowadays unless it was an emergency.

"It's your father," she cried.

George's mouth hung agape. "Mum, what happened?"

-------

Dream woke up to a loud thud from the floor above him. Again?

What the heck was going on there?

He took his phone up from the bedside table to look at the time, the brightness of his phone causing him to squint his eyes.

4:30am?! What the fuck? What the hell was going on?

He sat up, resting against the headboard and rubbed his eyes, then ran his hands through his hair, yawning.

There was no way that he'd be able to fall asleep again so why not do something to kill time? Not like he had to be anywhere anyways.

He kicked the sheets off his body and stood up from the bed, going to his closet to grab a hoodie to put over his shirt so he could bear the cold temperature of the apartment.

A loud grumble came from his stomach as he walked out of his room and changed his destination from the bathroom to the kitchen.

Starting to go through his cabinets he remembered that he literally had nothing edible in his apartment.

He groaned loudly and closed the cabinet he was looking in and ran his hand through his hair, tugging on it slightly in annoyance.

He walked into his living room and jumped onto the couch, grabbing the remote of his tv once he was lying down.

Scrolling through the channels and finding nothing that spiked his interest, there was another thud on the floor above him, like something was smashing against the ceiling.

He looked, he was so confused about what was going on there.

Dream sighed and stood up from his lying position and walked to the front door of his apartment, put his keys in his hoodie pocket and slipped his slippers on before leaving his apartment, heading to the staircase.