7

TW: alcohol

George ran to his front door as he heard a knock on it, swinging the front door open in a hurry.

"Hi!" George said with a soft smile.

"Hi." Dream said with the same wide smile plastered on his face.

They stared into each other's eyes for a second before George looked away and stepped aside to let the blonde into his flat.

"Come in!" George said and the blonde man complied, taking a step into the flat and took his shoes off before following the brown haired man to his living room.

They sat down on opposite sides of George's sofa, sitting in silence with awkward silence in the air, neither of them daring to make eye contact

"So uhm," Dream started. "Why did you want me to come over?"

"Oh, I was just bored." George said, looking at the floor.

Dream nodded, sending them back into silence before George broke it again.

"Actually, I didn't really feel great." the brunette said, averting his eyes from the floor and to Dream's face. "I just needed somebody to talk to." He shrugged and looked back down to the floor.

Dream frowned and furrowed his eyebrows, keeping his eyes on the brunette. "Do you want to talk?" the blonde offered, pulling his legs up to his chest and resting his chin on top of his knees.

"Sure." George said, now sitting criss-cross opposite the blonde man.

"You don't have to, no pressure." Dream said and inched closer to the shorter.

George shrugged. "I don't know. There's just a lot going on." he said, throwing his head back.

Dream nodded and pulled his phone out of his pocket and put it down on the couch next to him so it wouldn't irritate him. "I'm here if you do want to talk."

George nodded before taking a deep breath and closing his eyes, opening them once he breathed out again.

Dream saw that the shorter man's eyes had started to water and his bottom lip was trembling, sobs threatening to escape.

"Do you want a hug?" Dream asked, letting go of his legs and putting them back down on the floor if George wanted to get wrapped in his arms.

George nodded and hung his head lowly as he inched closer to the taller man, lying his head on the blonde's chest and allowing Dream to wrap his arms around him.

"Want to talk about it?" Dream asked, putting his chin on top of George's head and pulling him closer to his body.

"It's just my family life and stuff." George explained, "It's quite hard."

A small chuckle escaped the brunette man's lips as he raised one of his hands up to wipe his watery eyes.

"I get it." Dream said. "I'm here if you want to talk, though."

"You said that like five minutes ago." George said, a smile crawling onto his lips.

"I know, but I want you to know that." Dream said, "Even though we only met like two days ago."

George scoffed with a smile. "You're an idiot."

Dream hummed with a wide grin on his face and threw his head back so it rested on one the headrests of the sofa.

"See, I'm kind of bad at this comforting thing,"(same, dream) Dream said, rubbing George's beck, "But I know one thing that helps. Or doesn't, it probably doesn't."