20

Haven't gone to a funeral since like 2017? 2018? Idfk , so this is just based on how it was the last time I went to a funeral so uh
TW: funeral(?), alcohol

"I can't do this," George mumbled, pacing back and forth on the tiled bathroom floor.

Every now and then he looked in the mirror in front of him, met with his own pale face and the upper half of his body.

He was clad in a fancy black suit with a white button up underneath and a black tie tied around his neck.

He pulled a face to his reflection and looked away, continuing his worried pacing around the floor.

"George?" Dream asked and knocked on the bathroom door. "Are you ready?"

The man stopped dead in his tracks and looked over at the door. "No," he answered simply and walked nearer the sink. "My hair's a mess, I can't do this."

There was an audible sigh from Dream's side of the door. "Can you let me in, maybe I can help you?"

George frowned a little and stretched over to unlock the door with ease, his hands returning to the counter quickly after.

"What do you mean? Your hair looks great," Dream said. "You look perfect."

George sighed and leaned his elbows on the counter, putting his head in his hands. "I don't know, Dream, I can't fucking do this."

He raised his head again, his head turning to the blonde. Dream tilted his head to the side and let his hand east on George's cheek, his other hand resting on the shorter man's shoulder.

"Yes you can," Dream mumbled. "I'll be there for you."

George smiled weakly. "Thank you."

Dream smiled, his hand quickly going up to George's hair and ruffling it up before running out of the bathroom.

"Oh, you fucker," George muttered, a smile spread across his face as he tried to fix his hair up again.

"Hurry up, we have to leave!"

George rolled his eyes before turning the sink on  and quickly washing his hands and drying them, running out of the bathroom and through his bedroom, grabbing his phone and keys on the way out.

As George closed the front door the whole situation hit him again, it was like life had been taken out of him.

He felt numb, not saying a word the whole way to the church, leaving Dream confused.

It seemed like just a minute ago George was laughing but now he was sad and constantly on edge.

"Is everything okay?" Dream asked carefully as he parked the car in front of the church.

George nodded. "Yeah, whatever," George said. "Let's just get this over with."

Dream nodded and took the keys out of the keyhole before they left the car, closely walking next to each other as they entered the building.

George couldn't wait for the ceremony to finish so he could get drunk.

And since George was 'close' to his father, he had to go early to see his corpse in the casket, optional, of course.