19

The blonde's car pulled up in front of the school building, both of them looking for a parking space near the front of the parking lot.

Dream parked in the first loose spot he saw, as close to the school as possible.

He shot his sister a text, telling her where he had parked.

"I can sit in the back if she wants to sit here," George offered and looked over at Dream slightly, his arms crossed over his chest.

"It's fine," Dream said and brushed George off, his attention going to his phone.

George nodded and got his own phone up from his pocket, going through the countless mails, calls and texts he had been ignoring these past few days.

After a bit of consideration, he pressed on the texts his mother had sent him, his phone unlocking instantly and opened up his messages.

As he scrolled through the endless texts, a pit formed in his stomach, he was so caught up in his head that he didn't hear when Drista entered the car.

He almost got to the bottom of the threads of messages when he gave up, turned his phone off and put it face down on his lap, almost like he had slammed it down.

The sudden movement startled the two other people in the car, interrupting the conversation they were having.

The two gave each other weird glares through the rear view mirror as George's gaze was stuck outside the window.

"George? Are you alright?" Dream asked.

They were at a stop at a red light so Dream put his hand on George's shoulder, rubbing his thumb gently into it.

George sighed deeply, clearly holding back tears. "I'm fine. Good, great, even!"

Spoiler alert, he wasn't.

"Are you sure? Do you need to talk-"

"No, I don't." George said angrily, cutting Dream off mid-sentence. "At least not here."

Dream nodded. "Okay," he mumbled, taking his hand off George's shoulder and wrapping his fingers around the steering wheel again.

The rest of the way home was completely silent, Drista hanging on her phone the entire time to pass the time quicker than it was going.

Dream parked in front of the apartment building and turned the car off, George was the first one to leave the car, Drista following after him and Dream trailing behind both of them.

George had already unlocked the door to the lobby and rushed to the staircase.

The blonde looked down at his sister, his eyebrows furrowed in mixed feelings of what he should do.

As he was about to start walking to the staircase Drista stopped him, telling him that George probably wanted a moment to himself.

Dream nodded and the siblings went together to the elevator and it didn't take long for them to get to Dream's floor.

It confused the blonde man that the brunette wasn't there already once he was up to the door of his apartment, but surely the elevator was quicker.

He unlocked the front door and the two walked in, Drista hurrying to her room before Dream even got a chance to say anything.

The blonde's phone buzzed in his pocket and he hurried to grab it, hoping for a text or something from George.

But it didn't disappoint him a lot when he saw that the text was from Sapnap, it had been an unusually long time since he last heard from him.