Chapter 17

Isabella's POV:

I ask Maria if she needed help with the dishes but she declined saying maids will do it.
We sat in the lounge and one of the maids came and put the cupcakes that I made on the coffee table. Everyone took one cupcake and started eating. I was quite nervous. "Oh my god this is the best cupcake I've ever had in this world" Nathan exclaimed. "Thank you" I replied. "Seriously these are so good. These are even better than any five star bakery" Jacob said. I smiled at him. "I know. She is the best" Kate exclaimed.
We chatted for some time and it was already 11. I stood up knowing if I wont leave now I'd be late. There was no one at house but I still had to complete Rosa's work. "I think I should go. It's pretty late now" I said. "But why! You just came and you are better than Kate. Please stay" Nathan said with a pout. "Hey I am not that bad" Kate yelled in exaggeration. "See. I am telling you this one is a mad woman. How did she manage to be friends with you I don't understand. You are so nice" Nathan exclaimed dramatically.

Kate pouted and sat next to Alexander. "Nathan if you don't stop harassing her right now I am going take your cars away" Mr. Knight warned. Nathan whined but stopped teasing her. "How will you go home dear?" Maria asked. "I'll catch a bus or something. Don't worry" I replied and she gasped. "You young lady wont go home in bus at this time its too dangerous. You stay the night here and Alex will drop you home tomorrow morning" She ordered sternly. "But- "Nah Nah Nah young lady you don't get to argue with me. Katherine will show you the room and give something comfortable to wear" She said and walked away taking Mr. Knights hand without listening to me.

I just stood awkwardly not knowing what to do. Kate and Nate were bickering about something, Jacob was busy on his phone and Alexander was nowhere to be seen. "Come I'll show you your room" A voice came behind me. I turned around and saw it was Alexander. I shivered due to the close proximity between us. Not trusting my voice I just nodded. I turned around and saw Nathan and Katherine were still bickering.

He went towards the room and I followed him. I wanted to thank him for that day when he stood up for me. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize that we stopped walking and I bumped into his back. I immediately backed up. He turned around to look at me. He had amusement in his eyes and smirk on his lips.
I quickly looked down and covered my cheeks in embarrassment with my hair and squeaked "sorry." He nodded in response and went inside the room and said, "You can stay here. Ill send someone to give you some clothes" I nodded and said, "Thank you."
As he was leaving I suddenly stopped him by holding his wrist. He turned around and raised his eyebrow in question. "I-I wanted to thank you for the other day" I said to him. He furrowed his eye brows in confusion. "You stood up to me when my uncle..." I trailed of hoping he'd understand. He nodded in understanding and came closer to me. Instinctively I backed up but my back touched the wall. He came too close to my liking. His minty breath fell on my cheeks and I closed my eyes instinctively. "No problem bellissima" He said huskily, his Italian accent dripping off.

The bedroom

The bedroom

A knock interrupted us and he backed away. I opened the door there was a maid standing. "Miss Knight told me to give you these." She said handing me the clothes. I thanked her and closed the door. Alexander was standing near the wall with his hands crossed making his muscles bulge out more. "Done staring at me cara?" He said with amusement in his eyes. I ducked my head as my cheeks started to turn pink. He just chuckled and said, "You look cute when you blush. Good night cara" He kissed my cheek and left the room. I just stood there thinking what just happened with my hand on my cheek where he kissed me. I shook my head and went to the bathroom to take shower. I changed into the clothes Kate sent me and went to bed.

 I changed into the clothes Kate sent me and went to bed

The bathroom

The Pajamas

Please vote and comment!!

Enjoy!